how cold is it in your neck of the woods

Help Support CattleToday:

crossbreed curt

Reaction score
Hi how cold is your neck of the woods :?: In sw IN it is suppossed to be 7 degrees out side . :help:

It was 48 here about 30 minutes ago. I don't like cold weather. I don't know how those of you up North can stand it.

However, I remember when I was in the 9th grade a girl coming to our school in the Spring from New York and she was burning up. It hadn't even started to get hot.

it was in the 50s today i think. i believe i have acclimated to the coldness now b/c before i was having to wear two warm suits but now i only wear one. it must be going to warm back up pretty soon.

15 a couple hours ago...much less with the windchill. put a can of pepsi down and in thirty minitues it was an icecube...that was inside the insulated barn... low in below the teens...

COLD

High today was -18 at about 2 pm. Right now it's -22.

We may get above zero Thursday.

We may be near a record by then of consecutive hours below zero. We're at about 80 hrs now.

The hurting kind of cold....
The equipment breaking kind of cold....
The car never warms up kind of cold...
The passing thought of moving out of WI kind of cold...
The takes 2 days to warm back up kind of cold....
The heated waterers freeze up kind of cold...
The kind of cold that lets me appreciate having to work in an office on a Sunday and glad "I'm" not the one having to be outside !

-15 with windchill -31.....

Are there any of you folks up north, where it is normally cold like this and worse, use the bubblers in the watering tanks to keep them from freezing?

Wondering how effective they are.

mitchwi":2r6oumz4 said:
The hurting kind of cold....
The equipment breaking kind of cold....
The car never warms up kind of cold...
The takes 2 days to warm back up kind of cold....
The heated waterers freeze up kind of cold...
The kind of cold that lets me appreciate having to work in an office on a Sunday and glad "I'm" not the one having to be outside !

Born and raised in WI, call me nuts, but sometimes I miss all the snow and cold up there, although this year we have had our share in MO.

GMN

BlackBaldyMan":jwzqbkbp said:
Just coming out of another cold spell right now think its about mid 30's right now

We've surged to freezing. Started at 9 degrees at sunup.
dun

-20 yesterday morning with windchill it was -35 below. this morning was -14 below and we have now crept up to a balmy -4 below for a high today.

It's been in the 30's here today, with a blustery wind. It's hard for me to adjust to it and I was born and raised here. I don't know if I would be able to stand it any colder, I can't wait for warmer weather.

mitchwi":18l1s7wr said:

There is no "passing" about it! When my wood stove is blowing hot air full barrel, and the temp gauge in the house is only at 60 DURING THE DAY ..... there just has to be somewhere warmer.

I was coming home from town yesterday, (the temps were negative all day I believe) and happen to see a cow in a pasture calving - you could see the nose and hooves sticking out. I hit the brakes, did a u-turn and barreled into the farmers yard to let him know that there was already frost on the calf's nose and it wasn't even out yet. He and his wife grabbed blankets and ran for the field - his wife yelling at him all the way about calving too early. He is originally from Oklahoma and was positive that because he did it down south, that you can do it up here - lesson learned!

Right now it is -9 and windchill is -21. All area schools have delayed start of school tomorrow by 2 hours. Guess they are worried about that #2 diesel gelling up in the morning as our low is supposed to be -15 to -20 with windchills from -30 to -40. This will be our coldest night so far this winter. Things are looking up for Tuesday supposed to reach 10 to 15 above. Woooohoooo, heat wave.

Made it up to just above freezing here today, but wind was awful. Had to stake out the calves, wind kept blowing them over the fence.

cfpinz

Latest posts