how cold is it in your neck of the woods

Help Support CattleToday:

Dave":32b1y1rz said:
It must have been in the 50's today. I took my coat off while working around the barn. At 6:30 it was 49 out.

Dave,
It was a very nice change. I won't whine about how cold it's been... not -40 by any means. But, it was 54 here and felt very good in a t-shirt..... I think I had a blade of grass grow.... fed it to a cow.

Alan

We'e having the cloud cover now so the temps should be higher...loads of fun frozen ground and six inches of mud.
Getting to old for this cold weather....DMc

It was -35 at 8 am, it's warmed up to -20.

We're a 112 hours of continuous below zero temperatures, the record is 188.

It is now -8 with a -24 windchill (i'ts 11 am). Last night we hit -13 I think. With winds of about 20 mph, it's been almost white-out conditions here.

Chicken water in our barn (very tight barn) was frozen solid and it has a heat lamp not more that 4 inches above it.
It's coolllld for this part of the country in recent years. It's suppossed to warm up to 14 tomorrow. Yay.

mnmtranching":encdfqhd said:

Now that is kind of depressing!

GMN

preston39":hyg6fq37 said:
Are there any of you folks up north, where it is normally cold like this and worse, use the bubblers in the watering tanks to keep them from freezing?

Wondering how effective they are.

You have to have electric or heat tape on the pipes, just a bubbler won't work.

BTW, we finally got above 0 today! Yeah!!

I just hope it warms up before the Iowa Beef Expo next week.

Its -5 with 20 to 25 mph winds, I'm not going to do the math. They say it might get to freezing next week. Is that what they call global warming? :)

GMN":1r8kzs4l said:
mnmtranching":1r8kzs4l said:

Now that is kind of depressing!

GMN

Yeah! I call it "The Winter Wonder What the be nice I'm doing here Land" :eek:

cfpinz":w03bhv03 said:
Made it up to just above freezing here today, but wind was awful. Had to stake out the calves, wind kept blowing them over the fence.

cfpinz

it's about -10 with the wind chilld here right now...about 25-35 mph winds

:shock: 75???? Can't even run the furnace enough to get the inside of the house past about 66! (Darn outdoor woodstove!!! Works alot better if you take apart the pipes and bang out all the frozen condensation from burning green wood though!) Heard a rumor on the news this morning that it's supposed to get ABOVE 0 today for a little bit, up to 20 on Sunday! Just might have to dig out the sleigh and take the little fat pony out for a drive. (If the harness fits over all that hair!)

we got a heat wave to day!! break out the bikini !!! it's 16 f, monday night it dropped to -16... got lots of snow last night got about 5 more... winter finialy showed up in wv :shock:

Just drove back into Houston from a hay feeding trip. Worked up a bit of sweat this afternoon moving hay rings in knee deep mud, cussing at cows, etc. But at least the sun has been shining nicely these last few days, so maybe things will finally dry out. At 3:00 this afternoon it was 78 degrees!

Latest posts