How Bout' Them Fertilizer Prices?

Help Support CattleToday:

TurnThatCowLooseMaw":2i20wk4m said:
Heck just this morning I paid over 300 dollars a ton for triple 19. I bought 8 tons. That sure did put a dent in my wallett :(

$308.20 a ton yesterday for mine.

ollie'":zblhjy6k said:

yup $108 a ton. if i had paid attention monday i could have gotten DAP for $235 a ton. i did'nt even know they was unloading a barge monday. so i just got some lime today for $75 ton. i rather have dap but gotta use what i can get my hands on cheap.

TheLazyM":2ntfg2bg said:
ollie'":2ntfg2bg said:

yup $108 a ton. if i had paid attention monday i could have gotten DAP for $235 a ton. i did'nt even know they was unloading a barge monday. so i just got some lime today for $75 ton. i rather have dap but gotta use what i can get my hands on cheap.

If you find more of the nitrogen at $104 and they will stand by the analasis I would take 2 barge loads at that price if it is not wet!!!!!!!!! Is this material ''salvage'' or good product? If your figures are corect we can make more money on a few barge loads than we can on $1.45 calves :cboy:

We can all complain about a lot of price increases but, what I can't believe is the cost difference between various locations for the exact same product. I don't use it but, checked on Ammonia today 50lb. $6.82. This crap is unbelievable.

mwj it was $108 a ton but close enough. i think friday their unloading another barge but it might be urea i'm not sure, i can find out tomarrow. no it was good stuff. they make already mixed fertilizer lus sell it to farmers that use it straight and sell it to the stores. about selling it in stead of cattle we would run into a long list of problems. #1 being that the feds has a strict eye on the stuff right now. tranporting it will be dicey. #2 i cant sale what i buy its against our policies. as employies we can buy for our selves but nobody else. i believe it would be hard for me to cover 1500 tons for personal use. i hope yall are getting more than $1.45 for yall's calves. sence sept 05 i have'nt seen prices under $1.85 and last thursday they where going $2.06.

ARMT, you cant really go by the 50lb bag prices. the place that bags 'em jacks their price up to cover the bags,handling,labor,storage, etc,etc. for example you can buy corn right now $2.95 bu {thats 56lbs} but at the feed store it will cost $5.03 50lb bag and thats not even a bushell.alot of us buy in bulk {lose} and i buy mine right off the barge not out of a warehouse from a company i work for. but still thats even cheaper than what most of this guys are getting it for. $6.82 a 50lb bag x's 40 =$272.80 a ton.

i work at the grain elavator so i have some perks, its the perks that makes it worth working there. its not the wage i tell you that. what i lack in hourly wage i make up in savings.

just spread 2 tons 19-19-19- $312 per ton @ 2 hundred LBS per acre. Same thing last yr $265 per ton

TheLazyM":2kxh152m said:
ollie'":2kxh152m said:

If you paid 75 a ton for lime, you at least gave them some of your money back. Lime is cheap!

ollie'":zi36wx8y said:
TheLazyM":zi36wx8y said:
ollie'":zi36wx8y said:

If you paid 75 a ton for lime, you at least gave them some of your money back. Lime is cheap!
:shock: :heart: 8) ;-)

[email protected]":jgas0sme said:
We can all complain about a lot of price increases but, what I can't believe is the cost difference between various locations for the exact same product. I don't use it but, checked on Ammonia today 50lb. $6.82. This crap is unbelievable.
How bout giving me the name and address of your supplier of Ammonia Nitrate at 6.82 a 50# Bag. I need to order several truckloads to retail. Thanks!

Crowderfarms":gc3vk0ts said:
[email protected]":gc3vk0ts said:
How bout giving me the name and address of your supplier of Ammonia Nitrate at 6.82 a 50# Bag. I need to order several truckloads to retail. Thanks!

I would like that info too, the prices I got pm'ed to me on 19-19-19 is a lot cheaper per ton the triple 10 is here in the bag.

Crowder maybe we could make enough to retire off this.

stocky":34xcxlva said:
I use 150 lbs per on hill pastures and 200 lbs to the acre on bottom and bench land. I used to use twice that much until fertilize went through the roof. I pick up the fertilize in 6 ton spreaders and spread it myself. The price to have it spread has gone up from 1.50 per acre a few years ago to 4 dollars per acre now.
how come you put less on hill pastures than bottom land? looks like it would be right the opposite due too run off.

Alacowman, The hill ground is not as good quality as the bottom land is. I can get alot more grass growth for the money if I put the fertilize heavier on the bottom ground. In theory, the hill ground should get more fertilize, but considering the high price, I put it where it will grow more pasture.

was browsing through, seems to be a hot topic. I guess it's just one more thing. Out here in CO, it has gone crazy. We could prepay and lock in a price of 395/ton. Not sure how yours is priced, but for that we have to go get it and apply it. We have decided to save more old hay and fertilize less, who knows, can't do that forever!

My around here is running me around $51.00 per acre...not feeling going about this type of expense, but cannot afford not too.

ollie'":2qgfr4y1 said:

wish i could have found it cheaper than $75 a ton. but i could'nt.
crowderfarms how much do you want? i can match that $6.82 might even be able to bet it. i dont know where in tenn. you are at, but i can help you out..... let me know.

TheLazyM":262m4x05 said:
ollie'":262m4x05 said:

crowderfarms how much do you want? i can match that $6.82 might even be able to bet it. i dont know where in tenn. you are at, but i can help you out..... let me know.
are you around the guntersville area?

Wow, that is high for lime. Of course we have a quarry right down the road, but lime is about $5.50 a ton. That's right, it's not a typo. Five dollars and fifty cents a ton. We can get 15 ton trucked in to the farm for $130

TheLazyM":6v48wn0x said:
ollie'":6v48wn0x said:

I'll take 100 tons at that price.Bagged, Palleted and drop shipped. Of course I know you'll have a haul bill. :help:

Lime is 6-7 dollars per ton here, the quarry is 12 miles away. The hauling and spreading is the big cost of lime here. A 12 ton load will cost you 75 dollars and you put on from 1-4 tons of lime per acre, depending on the soil sample.

Latest posts