How Bout' Them Fertilizer Prices?

Help Support CattleToday:

Crowderfarms

Reaction score
Are they obscene or what? Makes me wonder where things are really headed....What are we going to do? You can only cut back so far.

You don't have to be smart man, sorry for your rising prices on fert., I thought these boards were for discussion. No, fuel has steadily climbed here and it's at about 2.57 for road fuel now.

[email protected]":uarfa92d said:
You don't have to be smart man, sorry for your rising prices on fert., I thought these boards were for discussion. No, fuel has steadily climbed here and it's at about 2.57 for road fuel now.
Guess we may have to start hauling it in from W.Va.Yall must not have Fertilizer with Nitrogen in it. That is, of course if it's been the same price for years.

I said a few years, not years there is a difference I believe. If you are coming here to get fert. better buy your fuel some where else before you cross the WV line. 15miles from me in VA
fuel is roughly 25 cents cheaper on the gallon.

Crowder you should be thankful for a 20-30% increase in fertilizer costs. The last time I checked on prices around here they were 85% higher then last year.

I use 3-1-2 fertilize for my pastures and hay fields. I just locked it in for 295 per ton, which is about 40 dollars per ton less than most places. There are 4 of us that go together and order almost 200 tons, so we get a good price from this place. Last year it was 265 per ton, in 2004 i paid 212 per ton and in 2003, I paid 178. They are steadily rising. What are the prices in other areas?

Our fertilizer place locked in his prices late last summer so there hasn;t been a price increase lately.

dun

I priced 46-0-0 at well over $400 a ton. That is why chicken manure is soooo much cheaper for me at $9 a ton spread. But there are a couple of feilds that I can't get the manure truck into so I have to buy commercial for those feilds.
Dave

My fertilizer prices are lower then 10 years ago, around 12.50 per acre. We out perform nitrogen fertilizers every year.
Brad

who are you guys buying yall's fertilizer from? wedsday i bought amminia nitrate right off the barge for $108 a ton. unless i'm missing somthing ammionia nitrate is the most expensive element in commerical fertilizers. and in case ya wondering gas is $2.05 a gallion and fuel is $2.22 a gallion here.
what is yall's spreading rate per acre? i figure yall would be spreading around 100lb an acre so roughly yall are spending about 13.25 an acre to fertilize it. should'nt be to hard to make that 13.25 back. even if you used brad's system it would cost you $12.50 and i believe he said that his prices have gone down.
i know some are fixing to jump on this banwagon but where i was going is in response to crowderfarms question "what are we going to do?" i just think that $13-$15 an acrea is'nt going to break the bank and that if it does one needs to find themselves a new bank.

Crowderfarms":daxjnipw said:
We use 250lbs. of Ammonia Nitrate per Acre on Hay Fields.Just for Garden use, Ammonia is running 12-14.00 per 50 lb. bag.

is that 250lbs a yr or per cut? if its per cut why so much?

TheLazyM":152xari0 said:
who are you guys buying yall's fertilizer from? wedsday i bought amminia nitrate right off the barge for $108 a ton. unless i'm missing somthing ammionia nitrate is the most expensive element in commerical fertilizers. and in case ya wondering gas is $2.05 a gallion and fuel is $2.22 a gallion here.
what is yall's spreading rate per acre? i figure yall would be spreading around 100lb an acre so roughly yall are spending about 13.25 an acre to fertilize it. should'nt be to hard to make that 13.25 back. even if you used brad's system it would cost you $12.50 and i believe he said that his prices have gone down.
i know some are fixing to jump on this banwagon but where i was going is in response to crowderfarms question "what are we going to do?" i just think that $13-$15 an acrea is'nt going to break the bank and that if it does one needs to find themselves a new bank.
$108?

I use 150 lbs per on hill pastures and 200 lbs to the acre on bottom and bench land. I used to use twice that much until fertilize went through the roof. I pick up the fertilize in 6 ton spreaders and spread it myself. The price to have it spread has gone up from 1.50 per acre a few years ago to 4 dollars per acre now.

Come on Stocky. 40 dollars a ton for fertilizer? What is it?

woops I read your previous post stocky. You made a math error. You get your fertilizer from Mt Grove?

Ollie, I get mine at Republic MFA. I used to get it at Midwest out of Springfield, but it has run 25-40 per ton higher than Republic. At Crane and Clever, my buddies priced it and it was 40 per ton higher than what we got it for. I am south of Clever, so Mountain Grove is too far for me.

Latest posts