How Bout' Them Fertilizer Prices?

Help Support CattleToday:

You mentioned: My fertilizer prices are lower then 10 years ago, around 12.50 per acre. We out perform nitrogen fertilizers every year.
Brad

I too am in East Texas (Houston and Trinity County areas), which might be a long ways from you, but I am wondering where you might be getting your fertilizer at, at the cheaper prices. We need to lime one pasture and fertilize six others. So was wondering if, you might wish to mention where you are getting your fertilizer from and what the fertilizer make up is; i.e. 13-13-13 (just an example), but you did mention you out perform nitrogen fertilizers, so maybe you are using something different.
Thanks,
Kramer

Sorry for any confusion, the above message from Kramer was actually addressed to "Ranchcop", regarding Ranchcop's posting. Hopefully, my inquiry makes more sense, now.

Regards,
Kramer

Crowderfarms":qifzn5zz said:
[email protected]":qifzn5zz said:
Prices haven't changed here in WV for a few years now.
They've sure changed here. Up another 20-30% here.Guess Fuel has been over 2 bucks a gallon there for years too?

My take on fertilizer it is one of my best invesments still today.
Here in East Texas with 400 lbs per acre I can run a cow to the acre. Without about one and one half to two acres are required. I might be all screwed up again but it is feed that can be converted to dollar's.

El_Putzo":1xf5eggw said:
Wow, that is high for lime. Of course we have a quarry right down the road, but lime is about $5.50 a ton. That's right, it's not a typo. Five dollars and fifty cents a ton. We can get 15 ton trucked in to the farm for $130

Was getting my tax stuff together and saw I paid $20 a ton for lime last year, that was spread though. It had to be trucked in from Springfield which is about 1.5 hours west of us as our local quarry was out.

Talked to the guy that does my fertilizer spreading the other day to get set up for the end of the month and he asked if I needed more lime cause if I did he was having a problem getting any.

J

Lime $13 a ton spread last fall.
EIEIO I was always told you would lime in the fall for spring growth. Maybe if you wait till next fall the local quarry will have it cheaper?

dj":1m548yqv said:
Lime $13 a ton spread last fall.
EIEIO I was always told you would lime in the fall for spring growth. Maybe if you wait till next fall the local quarry will have it cheaper?

I agree. I limed last October, don't know why he even asked me if I was needing more spread now. Sure wish some of those $5-13 prices would come my way though. I was told the local quarry was cheaper than what I had put on last year but the man that does my spreading said it was not the same quality as what I got.

J

Crowderfarms":3ca4asdw said:
I'll take 100 tons at that price.Bagged, Palleted and drop shipped. Of course I know you'll have a haul bill. :help:

to be honest i dont know if i can get my hands on a hundred tons. matter of fact i think its next to inpossible. i was kinda thinking you brang a truck i go up to work with ya and buy the stuff and set you on your way.

TheLazyM":2pptr6b9 said:
Crowderfarms":2pptr6b9 said:
I'll take 100 tons at that price.Bagged, Palleted and drop shipped. Of course I know you'll have a haul bill. :help:

to be honest i dont know if i can get my hands on a hundred tons. matter of fact i think its next to inpossible. i was kinda thinking you brang a truck i go up to work with ya and buy the stuff and set you on your way.
Well, Thanks for trying.You think 50 tons might be workable?If you cant do it, or the prices have jumped, I still appreciate the effort. ;-)

Crowderfarms":q3l2wj4p said:
Well, Thanks for trying.You think 50 tons might be workable?If you cant do it, or the prices have jumped, I still appreciate the effort. ;-)

no the prices have'nt gone up. the problem here is the weight. even 50 tons is alot of bags. the thing here is i'm not allowed to buy for other people, not even family, our company frown on it. can only buy for personial use, but....... you know rules are to be broken. i dont know how to explain 50 ton or if there would even be any question but i think it would turn some heads. give me alittle time to see what i can come up with.
i usually only buy 2-3 ton at a time and its bulk not bags. could you possible take lesser weight but more times. say 10 or so tons a trip maybe a couble trips a month.
just a thought if your serious about this and really have that kind of money to venture down this road why not go get a licence and buy your fertilizer wholesale.

TheLazyM":1eeln4s4 said:
Crowderfarms":1eeln4s4 said:

no the prices have'nt gone up. the problem here is the weight. even 50 tons is alot of bags. the thing here is i'm not allowed to buy for other people, not even family, our company frown on it. can only buy for personial use, but....... you know rules are to be broken. i dont know how to explain 50 ton or if there would even be any question but i think it would turn some heads. give me alittle time to see what i can come up with.
i usually only buy 2-3 ton at a time and its bulk not bags. could you possible take lesser weight but more times. say 10 or so tons a trip maybe a couble trips a month.
just a thought if your serious about this and really have that kind of money to venture down this road why not go get a licence and buy your fertilizer wholesale.
I may have to arrange for one of my associates named MikeC in Montgomery to shuttle it up this way for me.This stuff aint' hot is it?

Crowderfarms said:
I may have to arrange for one of my associates named MikeC in Montgomery to shuttle it up this way for me.This stuff aint' hot is it?

no this is'nt "hot". you'll have a receit. and montgomery sure is a far piece from me and you. it would be alot easier for you to come here or pay for my expences for me to brang it to you.

Latest posts