Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo.

Help Support CattleToday:

TennesseeTuxedo":7rsyx1ka said:
Congrats! What did she do to earn the scholarship?
Number Awarded: 70 four-year at $16,000 each, statewide

Eligibility: Current member of Texas 4-H in good standing; must apply in the spring of senior year; must graduate from a Texas public high school or home school in the school year in which applying for Show scholarships; must be in top one-fourth of graduating class; test scores must meet minimum of 1350 SAT or 19 on the ACT; must be a resident of the state of Texas and a citizen of the United States of America; must have applied to and plan to attend a Texas college or university for which applicant meets entrance requirements; and cannot have applied for a scholarship through Texas FFA or FCCLA. Selected applicants also are interviewed in person. Show scholarship recipients must attend a Texas college or university. There are no restrictions on major field of study.

Selection: Scholarship evaluation committee chosen by Texas 4-H Foundation, usually educators, 4-H leaders, county extension agents.

Now that's worth crowing about! My children are a sophomore and a freshman and are just now beginning to look at scholorships.

That's a good program they have there. A friends son won one about 3 years ago. A great way to reward kiddos that aren't afraid to work hard, study hard and perform well. Congrats CB and grandaughter.

Thank's everyone.
She is on cloud nine, the kids that won the scholarships get to ride in the grand parade.
Grandaughter has about burnt up my phone with text message after message.
She put a scare in me a while back but after several long talks she is going to Blinn for two years and then off to A&M.
She has tuition paid for four years this will go a long way towards book's room and board.

She must really appreciate Paw Paw and Grand Maw for sticking to their guns and being firm. Pitty that more kids don't have that kind of influence in their lives. Congrats!!! Glad for all of you.

Latest posts