Houston Jr Heifer Show

Help Support CattleToday:

TxCoUnTrYbOy

Reaction score
I showed my brahman heifer today and I am really happy with it. She did much better than I ever would have thought. I was in a class of 26 and placed 8th. I was hoping I would get like 20 or so, but never thought Id get 8th. My parents were so excited that I convinced them to split one of those finalist buckles with me. They said since it is my last Jr show and I did so good.

Plus my heifer acted perfect, something she has never done before. Ive posted before about how she gets spooked really easily, and today she did perfect.

I couldnt be happier after a day like today.

congratulations. :D :clap: an accomplishmen well deserved.

TxCoUnTrYbOy":85gz6d9o said:
I showed my brahman heifer today and I am really happy with it. She did much better than I ever would have thought. I was in a class of 26 and placed 8th. I was hoping I would get like 20 or so, but never thought Id get 8th. My parents were so excited that I convinced them to split one of those finalist buckles with me. They said since it is my last Jr show and I did so good.

Plus my heifer acted perfect, something she has never done before. Ive posted before about how she gets spooked really easily, and today she did perfect.

I couldnt be happier after a day like today.

Congradulations. :D

We got there Friday morning. Watched my my niece show Saturday. She placed 10th out 21 in the senior Santa Gertrudis class. We made up a little sign and looked around for you, but it was impossible.

Will you be going to Austin?

Again, Congradulations! :clap:

Thanks for all of the congrats everyone. I am still thrilled about the show even after Ive been home for a day.

It is pretty hard to track someone down in there unless you know what section/row they are in. Congrats on the 10th place. In a show like Houston the competition is really tough, its a huge accomplishment just to make the top 10.

I liked the judge they had for Brahmans. He seemed to really look at the animals and not favor one color like most seem to. The reds/grays were scattered all over, not clumped together by color which I typically see.

I am dissappointed by the Safety Committee and the Livestock Office though. When we got there on Wednesday, the mat at our stall was all torn up and had a huge chunk missing. We found the Safety Committee walking around and let them know. They came and checked it out and said they were calling it in to get fixed. Next morning still nothing. We went to the Livestock Office and they wrote down all the information and said they would make sure it was fixed and said they usually wont do anything until nighttime when its not crowded. I understand that, but next morning there was still nothing. We had to go buy duct tape and fix it up some and kick shavings over it so the animals wouldnt slip.

Other than that, it was a great show. I enjoyed it and had fun, and I guess thats was matters most.

No, Houston was probably the last big show Ill be going to until I can have my own herd to take later on down the road.

Congrats on your placing! Well i was down there also and i got 2nd in my class, it bein' my last "major" show an all i couldn't help but to enjoy my last show

-bherefords":3i7zwa6r said:
Congrats on your placing! Well i was down there also and i got 2nd in my class, it bein' my last "major" show an all i couldn't help but to enjoy my last show
Congrats b! :clap:

Congrats.
Why don't you keep showing in the open shows?
Lots of fun. That's what we do. We enjoy it just the same.

see i'm in the same boat you are but luckly i have a lil sister that shows and a bunch of friends that are younger than me so i'll be around at the junior show just can't show at them :(

This does not have to be your last big Brahman junior show. This summer make plans to go to the All American Junior Brahman Show in Lawton, OK June 19-23, 2006 or the Texas State Junior Brahman Show in Nacogdoches, TX July 19-22, 2006.

Both will be great shows and the kids have a great time. Look at the ABBA website for the All American or TBA for the TJBA show.

I do want to go to the Jr shows this summer, but I will be working all summer so I dont think Ill be able to make it. Maybe at least to state.

My heifer is from Detering Red Brahmans. Actually I may be working for Mr Detering over the summer. Hes a really nice man, always willing to help with anything he can and one of the really honest breeders.

i have heard on him.. i saw your pictures of your heifer and i really like her. I have a gray brahman from Doc McKenney. i am showing at national in oklahoma..

Latest posts