HOT

Help Support CattleToday:

Well, Mahoney, I guess it's a wet heat here. I'm soaking wet from sweat from early 'till late. Every day. It's fairly miserable. I'd love some of that dry heat. :lol:

Caustic Burno":2d1qtx54 said:
Raining here

You dumping salt in the wound or just plain stating the facts? :lol: :lol: :lol: Some day it will rain here, I just know it. Last year I thought it couldn't get much worse. It hasn't, yet.

Rolled the baler in the barn right before it started been slow and steady for about 5 hours now. It is amazing how weather works we are getting rain every week, drive a few miles northwest and its as dry as a powder house.

It's been in the triple digits consistently since the end of July here. Last night I was watching the weather forecast and it's the same ole, same ole. Weatherman said no rain in sight for the next 7 days. Then I heard a racket on the tin roof (living in the barn temporarily) opened up the front door and peaked out and it was pouring raining. Praise God! It didn't last long, didn't check the rain guage this morning but probably got 1/10. Not much but any moisture in the form of rain is welcome!

Just a thought, the carpenters killed a small rattlesnake Monday morning under a pile of plywood and hung it on the fence. However, that is about the fifth one killed on the place in the last 6 months, they all end up on the fence if there is anything left of them. Usually if I'm doing the killing, there's not much left to hang on a fence!

backhoeboogie":2upphouy said:
Caustic Burno":2upphouy said:
Raining here

You dumping salt in the wound or just plain stating the facts? :lol: :lol: :lol: Some day it will rain here, I just know it. Last year I thought it couldn't get much worse. It hasn't, yet.

I believe we are worse now than we were last year. This time last year, at least we had some water left in the tanks. Last tank dried up the other day. Had to rescue a calf stuck in the mud up to it's belly. I closed the gate on that pasture until it dries up completely or we get some rain. Guess they'll be drinking from the troughs at the pen now.

TXBobcat":3lya3u8b said:
backhoeboogie":3lya3u8b said:
Caustic Burno":3lya3u8b said:
Raining here

I believe we are worse now than we were last year. This time last year, at least we had some water left in the tanks. Last tank dried up the other day. Had to rescue a calf stuck in the mud up to it's belly. I closed the gate on that pasture until it dries up completely or we get some rain. Guess they'll be drinking from the troughs at the pen now.

Last year there were areas that got a little rain. I remember a sis-in-law calling from Mansfield saying "we're finally getting rain..." I didn't. She couldn't believe it. She got something like 2 1/2 inches. We got nada.

Pricly pear literally died last year. Ponds that never have gone dry went dry. This year I still have water in them.

There was time water was in the ditches just 5 miles north of my cows, but we didn't get any. Fires took out lots of folks in the Granbury area. It was really bad here last year. This year prickly pear hasn't completely died.

There is no doubt that this year has been hotter, but there is much more water in the stock tank.

what is the water range under the hills in TX called? Edwards falls or something like that, that I have heard about, can't you get water from that? or is it restricted. I caught a glimpse of it on TV tonight but did not see all of the programme, so can't say what it was about just saw these caves with a lot of water in them under Texas.

Rained in town two or three times this week. One day it rained so hard I could hardly see. Got home and not a drop. Got hit with another thunderstorm today, but no rain. :cry: :cry: :cry:

There got that out of my system. Glad somebody is gettin' it!!

Chris

Caustic Burno":z26fcp18 said:
Boggie rained again today sure wish you could get some relief.

We just got about an 1/8 inch according to the gauge. It sure seemed like more, but then again, I had almost forgotten what good rain looks like.

There are still some clouds out and we could get a bit more. It sure cooled things down.

Latest posts