Dam I got Hot today.

Help Support CattleToday:

tripleBfarms":zmdxgauv said:
TennesseeTuxedo":zmdxgauv said:
TripleB, why did you just call a fence staple a "steeple"?

My mother in law does the same thing.

Thats all I've ever known them as. I remember my great grandaddy calling them that, and everyone else on down the line to me. In my mind, Staples go in a gun. Must be a KY thing. I Heard a guy say once, "Steeples? They go on top of Church's above the Peeples". :D

Hmm. "a KY thing".
Why did Inyati13 just come to mind....?
Staples here, even tho I did hear my dad refer to them as steeples a couple of times.

Well what ever you want to call staple's I got hot installing them morning.
In to cool off.
I am going to have to redo that run of fence when i can get the tractor in there with the grab's with out getting stuck.

Caustic Burno":iwkwppzn said:
TennesseeTuxedo":iwkwppzn said:
Well I sat in an air conditioned office working on a computer all day and that was no walk in the park either ya know!

Somebodies ass has to polish chair's. :lol2:

I seeded some oats. Should have got it done a couple weeks ago but the ground was too wet. Wore a sweatshirt the whole time. Never considered taking it off. It was probably in the mid 60's, partially cloudy.

Dave":wc8px9dq said:
Caustic Burno":wc8px9dq said:
TennesseeTuxedo":wc8px9dq said:
Well I sat in an air conditioned office working on a computer all day and that was no walk in the park either ya know!

Somebodies ass has to polish chair's. :lol2:

I seeded some oats. Should have got it done a couple weeks ago but the ground was too wet. Wore a sweatshirt the whole time. Never considered taking it off. It was probably in the mid 60's, partially cloudy.

Yea go on brag Dave, not of of us folks in the NW can live in the sun belt. We been getting the coastal fog coming all the up here via the Columbia the last few mornings.

Not quite as bad today, but it's clouding up again here--might see a shower build up later this afternoon.
Got a nice breeze blowing now--it was still as the doldrums yesterday and last night.

hooknline":5gkhb29z said:
Its hot as Haines and I'm getting ready to get up on a roof for a few hrs
Dang hook.. you shoulda done that earlier. But, IM one to talk, when I get off work, I gotta go cut up and oak tree I discovered had fallen down across one of my pond dams, right where I drive across. Its about two foot diameter, so its gonna be a chore getting it cut up and outta there. No way to drag if off.. too steep and too narrow for my tractor. dang it.

Alan":3cedb6pb said:

Yea go on brag Dave, not of of us folks in the NW can live in the sun belt. We been getting the coastal fog coming all the up here via the Columbia the last few mornings.[/quote]

Don't mean to brag Alan but it was nothing but blue sky first thing this morning. Some scattered clouds now. I have been getting that push of cool ocean air every day but not the fog. Strange because I am closer to the coast than you are. But the Chehalis isn't as big a creek as the Columbia.

We fenced here yesterday and the stretch we worked on most of the day was in the woods. The good news, shade. The bad news, not a hint of breeze. I lost 9 pounds yesterday despite drinking 2 gallons of water. Today is report day for me.

Limomike":2cqh1k2l said:
hooknline":2cqh1k2l said:
Its hot as Haines and I'm getting ready to get up on a roof for a few hrs
Dang hook.. you shoulda done that earlier. But, IM one to talk, when I get off work, I gotta go cut up and oak tree I discovered had fallen down across one of my pond dams, right where I drive across. Its about two foot diameter, so its gonna be a chore getting it cut up and outta there. No way to drag if off.. too steep and too narrow for my tractor. dang it.
It was just the way the schedule played out today. I've spent many an hour up on roofs in the summers. Sometimes for 6 hrs at a stretch. And some days I'm out on concrete in the summer sun for 8 hrs using 180f water for weeks straight. Those days hurt but pay really well.

I've been riding it out this week in a hotel room, on a business trip. I head home tomorrow. It will feel hotter than a mink coat in July, after spending a week under an air conditioner.

slick4591":2f2zb1h3 said:
I'm soaked. Just came in from taking care of the birds and it's already 92 with 72%. Time for another shower.

I quit at 10:30 I got too hot the last couple of day's.
I was already soaked as well. It is getting that time of year to work couple hour's then take an hour or so break and cool down.

Caustic Burno":2nws0a1c said:
slick4591":2nws0a1c said:
I'm soaked. Just came in from taking care of the birds and it's already 92 with 72%. Time for another shower.

I was already soaked as well. It is getting that time of year to work couple hour's then take an hour or so break and cool down.

I thought that y'all in the deep South had superior tolerance to this stuff. That's exactly what I do when it's -20F. Hot showers, change into fresh long underwear. I don't work many hours in the temps your talking about. Just what's absolutely necessary.

john250":2lzwtq74 said:
Caustic Burno":2lzwtq74 said:
slick4591":2lzwtq74 said:

I thought that y'all in the deep South had superior tolerance to this stuff. That's exactly what I do when it's -20F. Hot showers, change into fresh long underwear. I don't work many hours in the temps your talking about. Just what's absolutely necessary.

We do, you would have just been a puddle by 8:00 like I would have turned into a popcicle at-20 .
The humidity really changes the heat index big time. You can get in trouble fast with heat stroke.

john250":3beh26hz said:
Caustic Burno":3beh26hz said:
slick4591":3beh26hz said:

come on down john250 I can get you a job loading watermelons tommorow if you want to know what hot is.. those of us raised in it know when to rest and cool off. I will take heat anyday over cold weather.

highgrit":38zm7c4l said:
At least when it's hot you can sit in the shade and drink sweet tea.

Almost went through a gallon already today.
This morning we had 100% humidity, I have never figured that one out as it look's like we should be swiming.
It is a 100 right now we are supposed to cool back down to the low 90's next week.

Didn't see no stinkin low 90s here last week and sure don't this week. Been puttin a pen together and every panel and metal tool I touch is HOT!

High 90's here today. Fixed fence all morning. Prayed for death most of the day, and it's not cooling off this evening. :frowns:

I hate the heat :mad: