Dam I got Hot today.

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno

Reaction score
Found a big oak on the fence about noon went out on the porch and seen the fence alarm blinking.
Moved the cow's into a secure pasture.
Came in twice showered and to cool off and change into dry clothes. There was not a breath of air stirring and the humidity was so high you could drink the air. Got ran in once by lighting and a shower then it got real hot.
Big Pin Oak fell over and of course took out a perimeter fence. It was one of those widow maker's big root ball sticking up in the air.
Had two chainsaw's wedge's chain's mall's the big tractor.
Had to cut it up in about 8' foot length's cause the pasture was so wet for the tractor not to bog down and get stuck.

Its that time of year where several changes of clothes a day are in order. My shirt was soaked by 9:30 am. Sposed to get up to 94 tomorrow

hooknline":2ppnv65p said:
Its that time of year where several changes of clothes a day are in order. My shirt was soaked by 9:30 am. Sposed to get up to 94 tomorrow

It's June and supposed to be hot.
We are back in a more normal weather pattern getting those afternoon shower's.
As you well know you can be dripping wet with sweat and burn completely up due there is no evaporation.

Caustic Burno":1oi07m57 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":1oi07m57 said:
Well I sat in an air conditioned office working on a computer all day and that was no walk in the park either ya know!

Somebodies ass has to polish chair's. :lol2:

It ain't easy but I'm there everyday just doing my part to keep the economy afloat.

hooknline":3v6pn9pi said:

Hit 89 here today. Considered praying for death!...................i freakin hate the heat. We are never this hot in June!

Colorado is on fire. One is 15 miles south of us another is 55 miles east.

3waycross":1ymowk87 said:
hooknline":1ymowk87 said:

Hit 89 here today. Considered praying for death!...................i freakin hate the heat. We are never this hot in June!

Colorado is on fire. One is 15 miles south of us another is 55 miles east.

I don't mind the heat the humidity is the killer when they are combined.

I've been known to drive an insulator or two on a tree that has fallen on the fence, or stretch the wire back to it and steeple it up and use it as a post till winter. Then cut it up and put it in the stove. I aint cutting up wood in the summer.

TennesseeTuxedo":17k6scvv said:
TripleB, why did you just call a fence staple a "steeple"?

My mother in law does the same thing.

Thats all I've ever known them as. I remember my great grandaddy calling them that, and everyone else on down the line to me. In my mind, Staples go in a gun. Must be a KY thing. I Heard a guy say once, "Steeples? They go on top of Church's above the Peeples". :D

tripleBfarms":3bxrsstg said:
TennesseeTuxedo":3bxrsstg said:

Thats all I've ever known them as. I remember my great grandaddy calling them that, and everyone else on down the line to me. In my mind, Staples go in a gun. Must be a KY thing. I Heard a guy say once, "Steeples? They go on top of Church's above the Peeples".

Naw i grew up hearin it in Missouri and southern colorado. Never heard them called staples

3waycross":2w39j3hs said:
tripleBfarms":2w39j3hs said:
TennesseeTuxedo":2w39j3hs said:

Thats all I've ever known them as. I remember my great grandaddy calling them that, and everyone else on down the line to me. In my mind, Staples go in a gun. Must be a KY thing. I Heard a guy say once, "Steeples? They go on top of Church's above the Peeples".

Naw i grew up hearin it in Missouri and southern colorado. Never heard them called staples

The people that call them staples around here, also say bacon comes from "HAAGS"

I am going to get started at daylight while it is a little cooler.
Got to put in a few post on the stretch of fence I got back up yesterday.
I got it good enough to hold a cow that is about it.
Then I going to look my hay on the ground see .
I will be using staples not steeples you cant even find them here.
All our TSC carries is staples.
http://www.tractorsupply.com/en/store/s ... %20staples

tripleBfarms":2e28g96a said:
TennesseeTuxedo":2e28g96a said:

Thats all I've ever known them as. I remember my great grandaddy calling them that, and everyone else on down the line to me. In my mind, Staples go in a gun. Must be a KY thing. I Heard a guy say once, "Steeples? They go on top of Church's above the Peeples". :D

Well she's Kentucky through and through and I love her dearly but I'm still gonna call them fencing staples. :D

Latest posts