Hot job.

Help Support CattleToday:

That is work. Always glad to get them sheared, but anything you do with a sheep is work. Kind of glad I don't have any anymore. If I did ever have them again I think it would be hair sheep, even though I like Suffolks and Dorsets better.

Get your spinning wheel and knitting needles out. Nothing like a pure wool jumper. Wool is such a great fibre, especially Australian merino wool, kept your guys warm in Korea and made the cockies lots of money here in the 1950's.

Ken

Reason number 2762 not to have sheep! There is nothing like good wool when it is truly cold out, Ken is right about that.

I helped an Aussie guy shear some Alpacas once and he did a lot of sheep. If I remember right he charged $2-3 a head but said he could do about 1,000 a day. That was 20 years ago so really good money then. He was a blast to work with and tried to get me to throw in with him but it just wasn't my thing. He'd say " we will go flat out like a lizard drinking I'm thinking mate".

Could've been a lot hotter, I don't remember the last time we've had such a nice day in July. Your timing was great!

Latest posts