Job application

Help Support CattleToday:

snoopdog

Reaction score
So, I've been keeping my eyes open for a new job after quitting my old one back in june. Found one today, listed on CL, sounded good, working with cnc machine and installing granite counters and such. The description said "must be able to lift 500 to 1000 lbs with asisstance", okay that's probably 50 -100lbs typo and I can do that! Offered good pay and 40 hrs a week, alright! Got to the interview and the guy ,whose probably 28, says "so you think you can lift these countertops that weigh 800 to 1000 lbs with another guy"? I tell him "No, and you won't be either in a couple of years", good freaking grief!

That is why they make special countertop dollies just to move those stupid things.

If the employer is dumb enough to actually have guys manhandle them into a house, find out if he has additional coverage for workman's comp. Just might be able to work until you break and then go farming full time while getting disability pay. Of course you will probably be blacklisted from ever working anywhere again, but if all you want to do is farm - could be a good deal.

Oh well....Somewhere down in Coahuila de Zaragoza, there's a couple of guys named Jaime and Umberto that'll wade the Rio Grande to take this job and make $$ at it.

greybeard said:
Oh well....Somewhere down in Coahuila de Zaragoza, there's a couple of guys named Jaime and Umberto that'll wade the Rio Grande to take this job and make $$ at it.
Unfortunately your right.
This is a classic example of someone wanting a job and a check, but not wanting to work.

callmefence said:
greybeard said:
This is a classic example of someone wanting a job and a check, but not wanting to work.
No, that is a classic example of someone caring about their health. I let th e wuss comment slide but you can kiss me right where it stinks.

snoopdog said:
callmefence said:
greybeard said:
No, that is a classic example of someone caring about their health. I let th e wuss comment slide but you can kiss me right where it stinks.

The wuss comment was a joke Snoop. And I think you Know it.
But you did say you quit your job in june. Three months ago. Someone offered you a interview. Questions you on something made clear in the job add. And you get insulted by the question in the interview. Chew on it a while....

Granite countertops don't come cheap. To think someone making them with a CNC machine is expecting two people to install them without the dollies and equipment made to do it is pretty silly. Go to YouTube and watch... It's not like you have anything else to do.

Latest posts