Horse slaughter

Help Support CattleToday:

holly heifer":1qcd5qxw said:
:heart: :heart: ahhhhh such lovely specimens of the human race we have here! :heart: :heart:

Its no wonder the world is in such a sad sad shape. Once again, just my wacko theory All your harsh words do not phase me.. sometimes the truth hurts. And , yes, I have more petitions to sign. Headed out to our local horse rescue to volunteer some help. We have a truly wonderful group of people helping those 'unwanted' horses. I think some of you posting here are just getting your jollies
to get a rise out of me. What a boring life you must lead. see ya :wave: or on second thought---- not so much !
Even horse rescues know their limits that they cannot take any more horses in and it's not uncommon that a horse rescue can reject an unwanted horse when the place is full. What you do with dangerous horses? Even a stallion or a gelding that is used in breeding, is less ideal for a pet. Several horse rescues have shut down due to lack of money for hay and vet bills.

Bigfoot":2pzy87de said:
I thought they rode app horses so they would be mad enough to fight when they finally got where they were going.
:lol: :lol: I've been on a few and I knew right off the bat that I was the brains of the operation for the day. They are GREAT for suicide missions though. You just have to think about ten paces in front of them. :lol: :lol:

holly heifer":z2jn8dgb said:
Headed out to our local horse rescue to volunteer some help.
Good for you. :clap: I mean that. I hope your rescue works. You have a good heart and I'd like to see that be rewarded.
Out here rescues are a slow and agonizing death for horses. They start as well intentioned and well run rescues but when the reality sets in and the money runs out the horses are the ones that pay. A few rescues here have wound up sending the horses to slaughter after feeding them for a year or two and the end result is that the owner goes bankrupt over horses that were going to die anyway. A bunch of them have been closed down by the county for animal neglect and alot of those horses wind up being euthenized. The horses that are salvageable go to other rescues and wait until the money runs out there. :frowns:

FWIW, I've never sent a horse to slaughter. The two that I've had that were bad*** enough that I got tired of them made it into bucking strings. The mediocre horses get sold to people who don't need much horse and the good ones stay until they're uncomfortable and then there's a decisive ending. Two of my best are giving rides to disabled kids for a living... it works out well since they had a :dunce: sitting on them for the first half of their life... They think that's how it's suposed to work.

holly heifer":39l2prad said:
And to XBAR : :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: see ya im out of here to save more horses!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
I just wanted to let you know that after all this crazy talk of horses being companions, I've been inspired to have a bite. Next opportunity I get I'm ordering a horse steak

:heart: no one really cares who or what you eat. If it has a face , more power to you . :clap: On a more positive note, we were able to adopt out 2 very nice horses yesterday to young 4-H youngsters.
These 2 are 15 and 17 year old semi retired show horses that the owner fell upon hard times and did not want to sell to just anyone .They were at the rescue for just a few weeks. These kids will love and take good care of these trustworthy steeds. So sad to think that they could have ended up on a plate or in a can of dog food. It did my spirit good to see the smiles on the kids faces as they rode Shelby and Montana. As long as there are decent , loving homes for our equine COMPANIONS , I will continue to do my part. :heart: :heart: :heart: So you cattle drovers can slam me, make fun of me, call me names, belittle me, sell your horses to the killers, ect. I am only too happy to stake out my little piece of heaven with my rescues, volunteer time and money to our local ( which is doing well, has lots of help and $ ) and to thank God that I have a tender heart and a nurturing desire. Horses make me happy---- cheerio! :tiphat:

Geez holly,
get a grip. No one here said that all horses had to go to slaughter. Those two horse had something that many of the unwanted horses do not have. An education and a history of being shown. Horse like that are not hard to place at all.
What about the horses that owners did not bother to have trained or are unsafe to ride or be around PERIOD.
Those horses are the ones that are neglected and starving because no one wants them. Where are they to go?

Kudos that the two horses found a home. There are people waiting for horses like that. I hope that they work out for the youth.

LRTX1":11jby9iz said:
Holly, if you only had 2 choices, which would you pick.

Send a horse to a slaughter plant.

Let a horse starve to death over the course of a year or 2.

For some horses thats the only 2 choices around, and without the first one on the table it's not pretty. You can call a horse what you want but, they are livestock. Bottom line the slaughter house is a lot more humane way out 90% of the time. There are not enough people in this world willing to rescue all the horses that need it.

Holly

I see you conveniently did not answer the question.

If I missed your answer I apologize.

If I did not - then how about it?

Bez

chippie":17z685bm said:
Geez holly,
get a grip. No one here said that all horses had to go to slaughter. Those two horse had something that many of the unwanted horses do not have. An education and a history of being shown. Horse like that are not hard to place at all.
What about the horses that owners did not bother to have trained or are unsafe to ride or be around PERIOD.
Those horses are the ones that are neglected and starving because no one wants them. Where are they to go?

Kudos that the two horses found a home. There are people waiting for horses like that. I hope that they work out for the youth.

Chippie

Wasting your time - an admitted veggie that kills cows - only one way - hers - or the highway.

Your mind is open - hers is not.

Stay safe

Bez

Glad you were able to adopt them out.for the record though, I love to eat things with faces. Now I get to add horse to the list. Ill be in the bahamas in just over a week. I think they serve it there. If they do ill make sure to get pictures and a report for you holly.

holly heifer":19lop90z said:
sweet jesus - what a can of worms! :mad: Im deleting my account, didnt even bother to read that last stupid post.. I may be in the wrong place but let it be known that we will continue our fight to save the horses and we will win !!!!!! May you all have cardiac issues from your carnivore diets. :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: ____________________ ahhhh cardiac arrest

As much as I may disagree with someone, I would never wish harm or death to anyone. Your remark shows exactly what type of person you are. You certainly have a lot of hate in your heart.

Bez, you are right. She can not have a constructive discussion. Too bad she didn't delete her account like she said she was.
People like her give legitimate horse rescues a bad name.

I wonder how many starving children, and poor people you could help if you spent less time help horses, and started caring about people?
You got a strong view and blind faith, but kind of in the wrong direction...like most animal wackos.

:heart: gosh, Im so sad! At least wackos like me rest easy at night knowing we are decent caring people. you can post all the photos you want.I am deleting my account as i waste too much time arguing with you sorry idiots. I have better things to do and more important sites to visit with folks that like horses. You are the sicko- wacko- narrow minded ones. :lol2: Im laughing all the way to the delete key Good riddance to bad rubbish ( that be you )

holly heifer":2cu3x1t0 said:
:heart: gosh, Im so sad! At least wackos like me rest easy at night knowing we are decent caring people. you can post all the photos you want.I am deleting my account as i waste too much time arguing with you sorry idiots. I have better things to do and more important sites to visit with folks that like horses. You are the sicko- wacko- narrow minded ones. :lol2: Im laughing all the way to the delete key Good riddance to bad rubbish ( that be you )
all talk and no action.

holly heifer":295gnq9q said:
\

Holly

You exhibit a mean streak in you and now you run after throwing some pretty vile insults.

You have left questions blatantly ignored - which only weakens your case and shows your true colours.

In the end it is too bad because people here are actually pretty good folks overall.

You on the other hand are showing that you might not be.

I feel sorry for you and in fact - while others may not - I feel ashamed for you.

This is of course not unrecoverable yet - you could re-establish your credibility if you were open and honest and did not wish death to others.

A simple apology for the insults and honest answers to questions you have ignored - plus the reasonable explanation that you were having a bad day, would probably bring forgiveness from some - if not most - people you really WOULD like to have for neighbours.

People here that despite having argued with myself - I know would show up at my door if they were my neighbours - ready to help if I needed it. I think you know that as well - but perhaps are too self centred to admit.

I wish you a long life, health, wealth and happiness.

Do not hurt your finger when you hit that delet button - but I KNOW you will be back to read! LOL

All those who leave still come back to read anonymously - and you will be no different!

If you would like a new name so you can come back here and start over might I suggest "Carnivore"? It would certainly allow you to remain anonymous and remove you from your past. And everyone deserves a fair and fresh start - including you.

Stay safe my dear Holly

Big hug

Bez

Man I can't wait to try some, it looks fantastic!
Horse%20Meat%203.jpg

filet.jpg

Apparently holly heifer is still here. If you click on her name it shows that she is a registered troll (oops excuse me), registered user.

hooknline":1pqbrqe5 said:
Man I can't wait to try some, it looks fantastic!
Horse%20Meat%203.jpg

filet.jpg

Dang that steak looks amazing. I don't know if there is any truth to it or not, but I have always heard the older a horse is the more tender it is. I have also heard donkey is better than horse. I want be trying either. Just things Ive heard.

holly heifer":t5ac1kv9 said:
one more time- horses are companion animals not food animals. I see feedlots full of cattle, hogs, sheep , no horses. I see that we have a muti million dollar industry catoring to horses( catalogs for supplies, halters, show tack, show clothes,) fancy trailiers, trucks, seminars and trainers ( they are not cheap or free) :nod: Vet clinics geared only to horses, photograhers that are horses only, and the list is endless!!! Do you see this for cattle ? NO! sure there are show cattle and fit camps, but nothing like the horse end of it. :cboy: Always, there will be folks that breed for no reason, that dont care for their horses ( or their kids! :mad: ) I stand firm in my belief that the slaughter trade of horses is wrong and will do all I can to see it extinct. Call me wacko, bleeding heart, pony patrol or whatever. I take pride in my beliefs, as do a whole herd just like me! I must get busy, my old horse needs a pretty new blanket :banana:
The industry isn't geared toward horses . It's geared toward the people who are dumb enough to have a photo shoot for their horse . Wackos who spend every penny they earn on their horses . Oh And they are livestock . It's people like you who are what's wrong with this country . How about you let me do what I want with my property and you mind your own business instead of butting into mine . You're just like the anti gun people , the overly religious people , etc . If people would mind their on business and live and let live instead of trying to force your views on others this country would be a much better place .

Latest posts