Hope they are ready by butcher date…

Help Support CattleToday:

Oh yes, thank you. He's actually the smallest frame wise of this group. However, like you said, he is maturing well.
Sometimes the frame size and the fullness of certain cuts aren't hand in hand. He's built well for some osso buccos, got a better fill-in where I like to cut my roasts at, little extra rib, etc.

Oh yes they are getting free choice hay, and almost 20lbs of grain per head per day. I'd like to increase the grain but with grain prices, I really am having a hard time doing that.
You are really having a hard time with the grain prices but not so much with making a rug from the hide of the red and white.
Decisions ! Decisions!

Here's the results (hanging weights): 816, 762, 773, 827, and 764.
Side note - do young bulls finish out ok? One of these guys was a bull, people I got him from missed a nut. Hope the meat will be ok.
a young well fed bull is just fine in my experience

Decent weights on them, my 2 year old steer was just shy of 900 hanging, came up to 700 lbs in the freezer, He was grass finished, the freemartin heifer was a lot smaller frame,she looked like garbage this spring, but she put on fat real fast and was a little butterball.

You should have some good eats!

Here's the results (hanging weights): 816, 762, 773, 827, and 764.
Side note - do young bulls finish out ok? One of these guys was a bull, people I got him from missed a nut. Hope the meat will be ok.
I've fed bulls for my personal table more often than steers because they have more money cuts and quality is actually higher.

Thank you everyone for the kind words! My goal was 750-850 and I'm glad I met it. I wish I took photos of them right before processing. They had lots of good fat to them! Can't wait to see how the bull ends up tasting. It will by the first bull I've done.

Thank you everyone for the kind words! My goal was 750-850 and I'm glad I met it. I wish I took photos of them right before processing. They had lots of good fat to them! Can't wait to see how the bull ends up tasting. It will by the first bull I've done.
thanks for updating us on it too!

Latest posts