holstein

Help Support CattleToday:

F350":lgra6xrf said:
Texasbred took the words out of my mouth. the initial capital outlay delta is being overlooked. also, i don't know where anyone could invest their money and get a decent return these days, so its not like you're missing out on good returns elsewhere.
Agreed. I hounded this issue in a different post. The initial cash outlays need to be the same $value or atleast same poundage purchased. It doesn't need to be on a per calf basis. What has been overlooked is the fact that, based on lurkers time schedule, there is nearly 2X the turnover rate with the beefers( 7.5 months compared to 13). Shorten your duration, decrease credit quality, and live by the sword. Now is the time to be greedy: (BRXX)

MF135":3r88k4ta said:
F350":3r88k4ta said:
Texasbred took the words out of my mouth. the initial capital outlay delta is being overlooked. also, i don't know where anyone could invest their money and get a decent return these days, so its not like you're missing out on good returns elsewhere.
Agreed. I hounded this issue in a different post. The initial cash outlays need to be the same $value or atleast same poundage purchased. It doesn't need to be on a per calf basis. What has been overlooked is the fact that, based on lurkers time schedule, there is nearly 2X the turnover rate with the beefers( 7.5 months compared to 13). Shorten your duration, decrease credit quality, and live by the sword. Now is the time to be greedy: (BRXX)

There is never a time to be good time to be greedy. Especially in the market. Pigs get slaughtered.

TexasBred":27uovruw said:
MF135":27uovruw said:
Shorten your duration, decrease credit quality, and live by the sword. Now is the time to be greedy: (BRXX)

There is never a time to be good time to be greedy. Especially in the market. Pigs get slaughtered.
Tell that to Warren Buffett

TexasBred":1kkanspo said:
How..havent' seen corn that cheap in years....How Lurker??
From what I refer to as 4 by 4 farmers. They work 4 weeks in the spring, 4 weeks in the fall, then they don't think about it after that. Easy to spot, just drive around the country after a snowstorm, stop at the places without snow on the bin roof. Ethanol plants won't take it, local coop's won't take it, they sell to the ethanol plants that won't take it, that leaves me. Easy pickins.

MF135":3hit8kgf said:
TexasBred":3hit8kgf said:
How..havent' seen corn that cheap in years....How Lurker??
I've ask him this question several time and still no response. $.19 cost of gain???
Tell you what I will send you a calculator. Whats your address?

MF135":38dj7rao said:
TexasBred":38dj7rao said:
MF135":38dj7rao said:
Shorten your duration, decrease credit quality, and live by the sword. Now is the time to be greedy: (BRXX)

Tell that to Warren Buffett

You tell him...you're the "instant expert".....he's just very good at what he does and has been at it all his adult life. What's Berkshire Hathaway trading for today anywayIF any is for sale.

I'lll save myself the embarassement of denouncing Buffett's philosophy. Only an "instant expert" such as yourself would claim to be more-knowing. I doubt your britches are big enough for BRK-A. You might want to check out their class B shares though; think they closed at around $75 yesterday.

MF135":3lnd9pt1 said:
I'lll save myself the embarassement of denouncing Buffett's philosophy. Only an "instant expert" such as yourself would claim to be more-knowing. I doubt your britches are big enough for BRX-A. You might want to check out their class B shares though; think they closed at around $75 yesterday.

Personally I could care less about Buffett's philosophy and hopefully you're not one of his students as that would be the embarassement. I do like his frugality tho. :cowboy: And I don't do stocks.There are more profitable, less risky ways to invest money.

Latest posts