Hobby guy driving the herd to water.

Help Support CattleToday:

Alan

Reaction score
I've seen some great photos of folks driving the herds to another location, so I thought why not hobby guys do it also. Here's the big drive I did tonight, yes that is my horse and the A/C was on high and sports radio going. I spent the better part of 10 to 15 minutes on the move, man I'm ready for a cool drink and a hearty dinner! :mrgreen:

Waiting for them to group

Got them headed in the right direction

Bunched and on the move.... Only 5 or 6 hundred yards to go!

Almost there

Making the final turn, darn I have to get out of the truck to close the gate! :lol:

Just having some fun last night, yes the first pic is awkward (crooked) mostly because it's the first pic I have ever taken on my phone. Sky, I have lost most of my enthusiasm for riding horses sense I got dumped a few years back, I know pretty much what my 4 wheeler has in mind when riding it. :lol:

yes it is very dry and brown here, as stated drier than apopcorn fart. I don't want to get into a compitition on who's dryer the west side of OR & WA or the east side or CA etc. we're dry and it's going to get worse before it great better, although they have some rain in the forecast for Sunday and Monday. It better be a lot for it to make a difference. With such a small herd for now I still have plenty of grass, as you can see they're not hurting. I just decided to put them in the driveway to clean it up a bit. Oh and sky that's part of the deal I made with my wife, if I put them in the driveway I have to use my truck to run over any "surprises" so she get none on her pant legs via running boards. :lol: :lol: :help:

We have so many dump trucks hauling gravel from one of,the several pits down by the river and I swear the gravel never falls off the truck in front of a 1972 pinto, it's alway the newer rigs that get it in the windshield. Mine has had that crack for several years.

I,will add that it's nice to have such calm cattle all I have to do is get them point in the direction I want them to go and just follow along, they know the gates and as you can see they move from place to place very easily. I couldn't even tell the chuck wagon was there.

Got a chuckle from your captions, thanks! Nice cows.
I'm sure you know this but many (some?) insurance companies have windshield replacement programs for cracked ones. I think the cost is free or minimal. Our state farm policy does, and we had to take advantage of it for our truck. We didn't know it at the time so it was rare happy surprise when it comes to auto insurance

The face behind the cracked windshield.

fav-2.jpg

Head 'em up, move 'em out.

Looks great!

HDRider":sblxmbop said:

fav-2.jpg

Looks great!

:lol: :lol: When they say cowboy up I say..... Huh????

Alan":2dyyp4wc said:
HDRider":2dyyp4wc said:

fav-2.jpg

Looks great!

:lol: :lol: When they say cowboy up I say..... Huh????
You're starting to sound a little rowdy now.....Mr. Favor might need to send you into town for your weekly buttwhoopin...but I always figured you more of a..........
1314518945_5.jpg

A way to expedite their speed is tie a bunk feeder to the back of a 4 wheeler or ranger, truck, tractor what have you and let them get a taste then pull off and let the race begin.

red angus 2010":3ikgshtk said:
I thought we would see each of them with a Oregon t shirt on

:lol: not yet, but there is/was a cow somewhere in Tennessee with the Oregon "O" taped to her side, let's see I have a pic around here somewhere.... :shock: :mrgreen: :secret: :secret:

Latest posts