High Tail Bone w/pictures

Help Support CattleToday:

inyati13

Reaction score
Here is the heifer I referenced in my previous thread. Hope Jeanne gets a chance to take a look at the Simangus cow I also photographed today. Anyway, what comments do you have on the high tail bone. She is a two year old due to calf in late January. As I noted in the previous thread, someone told me a high tail bone could be an indicator of calving problems.

Cattle-11-28-12_004.JPG

Cattle-11-28-12_009.JPG

Cattle-11-28-12_013.JPG

It was a frosty morn!!!

inyati13":3tbya017 said:
How do I get the pics enlarged?

Where do you have them stored. Photobucket or Ranchers. I looked for them on ranchers. If you can just post the link and one of us will blow em up for you

I'm assuming the first pic is the high tail head heifer. That is NOT very extreme. I would not worry about that at all.
Is the 3rd pic HPF 1/2 blood? looks good based on these small pics.
Who is the heifer bred to?

inyati13":1lee2ao9 said:
3waycross, tell me how to put the photos in the correct dimensions and I will do that in the future. Thanks.

I think all you are doing wrong is not highlighting each picture before you copy it to CT. If you move it small it stays small!

If the link code has the word "thumbs" in it, the pic will be tiny (I put spaces in the code so that it would show)

http: //ranchers.net/photopost/data/500/thumbs/Cattle-11-28-12_004. JPG

Sometimes the photos need to be resized to 880 x 600 (large) or 640 x 480 (the size that I posted). The default size on many cameras is a bit large to post online. If you do not have a program to resize, many photo hosting sites like http://www.tinypic.com have tools to resize the photo when you upload it.

HaHa - I didn't notice in the little pic - she's a skunk tail!!! Does her white go up over her back - like Pinzgaur? Cool color.
I do love color - just don't breed for it because my PB's are discriminated if too much white. Although, some of the top blaze face bulls are putting out a lot of white on bellie & some on feet. I don't care if they are purple and polka dotted - just so they are GOOD!

Jeanne, I like that too. It goes half way up her back in a narrow streak. The bottom picture is that registered Simangus cow I talked about in the first thread about the high hip bone. I identified in that thread who she was bred to. Her calf was born on 10/24/12. It was a bull and I banded him as I don't sell breeding stock. I bought her as a commercial cow. She has not come back in. She should come in about the 4th of December. She is with my Angus bull now. Back to the skunk tail. I just hope she does well with her first calf due the end of January. I think I will put her in the cattle handing facility when I think she is about to deliver. I have only had her about a month but she has a good disposition.

Jeanne, the Simangus cow in the bottom picture was bred to HPF On Demand X952. The calf was a bull so I banded him. He is solid black with blue shadows around his iris. I was praying for a heifer. No doubt you know the HPF as it is in your state. I have another HPF/Rocking P Simangus Cow that was also bred to HPF On Demand X952. Her calf was borh 9/28/12 and is milk chocolate with white back feet and white sheath. I also banded him but really regret that. He is beautiful. The most unusual color! I will try to post a picture.
jsox2a.jpg

He is pretty. We have had some Angus/Braunvieh crosses colored like that. They ended up black after they shed the baby hair.

You have some very nice looking cattle.

ETA: Your cow with the high tail bone is not what I pictured. I've seen some that are much worse than yours.

Yes, I know HPF - and so does every Simm breeder in the US :lol: Actually, they co-op flush my cows. They have one there now. This is the 3rd year they took her. They flush every 60 days - 5 times, then breed her, & then she comes home & has a natural calf the next year. We have some JF Milestone embryos & natural calves on the ground (a HPF AI bull) - born this Sept. Got 5 or so coming in Jan/Feb.

Jeanne, I just got started two years ago after retiring from civil service. Now I am doing honest work. Ha Ha. So if I had not bought a cow bred to a HPF bull I would not know who they are. I bet you also know the Rocking P Livestock people, Chan and Keith Phillips. I met Keith Phillips about 2 years ago when I got started. What I like is how docile the cows are that I have gotten from them. They are my children. Like you say, they start out with that milk chocolate color and get darker. But I have a three year old cow that will have her second calf in early March that is still chocolate colored. She is so sweet I would mourn for the rest of my life if something happened to her.

Latest posts