Hey Dun

Help Support CattleToday:

hangna

Reaction score
I see you're from the Ozarks in MO
We're in Springfield this week attending the National Junior Charolais show with the kids. 2000+ miles from home but loving your state.
They say we've dodged a bullet this week with the weather,
Thanks for arranging the nice weather :lol:

Weather isn't all that nice. Temps in the mid to high 90s suck

dun

dun":33sd2skt said:

dun

Mid to high 90's? Thats a nice cool day right there. ;)

Temperature didn;t used to bother me either. One lousey bout of sunstroke 15 years ago and now the 90s just suck the life out of me.

dun

A heart attack ten years ago ( I think you have a total body chemistry change after that) and the heat in the 90's bothers me as well, but mostly the humidity in the 90 percentile (like we've been having) just takes all the oxygen out of the air.

Glad you're enjoying the missouri ozarks.

dun":im3bygai said:
Temperature didn;t used to bother me either. One lousey bout of sunstroke 15 years ago and now the 90s just suck the life out of me.

dun

Never had sunstroke, but can't take the heat like I used to. I'll take single digits over 90 and humid any day. Don't know how folks deal with temps of 110-125 or so, but then they probably wonder how others deal with -50 and colder like others do. All in what you're used to, I guess. Bottom line is, if you make a living working outside, you learn to deal with it, hot or cold.

MoGal":bn24ycuz said:
A heart attack ten years ago ( I think you have a total body chemistry change after that) and the heat in the 90's bothers me as well, but mostly the humidity in the 90 percentile (like we've been having) just takes all the oxygen out of the air.

Glad you're enjoying the missouri ozarks.

I never even thought about the heart deal. Bypass surgery 7-8 years ago leaving only 50% of it functiioning, legionaires disease about a year after the heat stroke leaving only 25-30% lung capacity. Hmmmmm, no wonder I get tired and can't handle the heat.
Goes back to the old deal "If I'ld known I was going to live this long I'ld have taken better care of my body"

dun

Ryan":28s15lxi said:
dun":28s15lxi said:

dun

:shock: I knew there was a reason I've never moved to Texas, now I know what it is! ;-) :lol: :lol: :lol:

msscamp":2mu5jszj said:
Ryan":2mu5jszj said:
dun":2mu5jszj said:

dun

:shock: I knew there was a reason I've never moved to Texas, now I know what it is! ;-) :lol: :lol: :lol:

I doubt I could handle a Wyoming winter! I like to hybernate when it gets in the 20's or 30's. Still, it is invigorating when you do have to get out and I find that it really energizes me. I would rather be out working on a cold day than on a hot one.

Well, we have had 6" of rain this week, so don't blow anymore rain up this way or this way Dun. Ground is way to saturated as it is now. Its been very seasonal here where I live with highs in the high 70's low 80's with a very nice breeze. :cboy:

Hill Creek Farm":39cse4b0 said:
Well, we have had 6" of rain this week, so don't blow anymore rain up this way or this way Dun. Ground is way to saturated as it is now. Its been very seasonal here where I live with highs in the high 70's low 80's with a very nice breeze. :cboy:

What is is rain stuff people keep mentioning?

dun

DOC HARRIS":1behht3e said:
What is is rain stuff people keep mentioning?
Dun - It is the clouds perspiring because of the high humidity! :roll:

DOC HARRIS

Not much worry about that here. Just talked to a friend in the mojave desert and she's whining because the humidity is in the 40-60% range there. Here we haven;t cracked 30% in a week. Ah well, just like the peach pit, this too shall pass

dun

well send that low humidity this way dun as yesterday it was 59% humidity, but at least its been down this past week from the week before. The fiance has been out in this for the last ten days combining fescue working 12-13 hours a day and they've got another 10 days to go. But he loves every aspect of farming and says it don't wear him out.

MoGal":16r9zsgr said:
well send that low humidity this way dun as yesterday it was 59% humidity, but at least its been down this past week from the week before. The fiance has been out in this for the last ten days combining fescue working 12-13 hours a day and they've got another 10 days to go. But he loves every aspect of farming and says it don't wear him out.

Shoot, the way those combines are built today with sound proof air conditioned cabs, stereo, and steering that a 12 year old girl could handle it certainly shouldn't wear him out. He ought to be able to go square dancing after 12 hours of modern combining.

Lammie":2y5zqrar said:
msscamp":2y5zqrar said:
Ryan":2y5zqrar said:
dun":2y5zqrar said:

dun

I doubt I could handle a Wyoming winter! I like to hybernate when it gets in the 20's or 30's. Still, it is invigorating when you do have to get out and I find that it really energizes me. I would rather be out working on a cold day than on a hot one.

They can get a little interesting, but I guess it's all about what one is used to. Since cold weather energizes you, just think of the energy a Canadian winter would provide! :eek: Having never experienced one, I'm thinking it's a simple matter of keep moving at a fairly brisk pace or freeze solid! :shock: :shock: On second thought, I think I'll stay right where I am! ;-) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts