Hey Knersie Some Pics

Help Support CattleToday:

I luv herfrds":2ig6vcvt said:
Looks like you have another system coming towards you.
Hit the Missouri river crossed it and went splat. Hardly anything. I could see the lighting up your way and it looked nasty. Any hail?
Got some grass down. Alfalfa is still standing. Hay barley has headed out.
Darrell is heading over east to finish one patch of grass and then has to switch headers to do the alfalfa.

Hope there was not too much damage. :( I don't think anybody around us has flood insurance either, no reason for it.

the wind is just starting to come up and i just saw the first lightning. man i could go on vacation for a few days if it rains again.

counted kernals on the oat field the other day and figures to make 70 bushel.... but i think i'll just hay it. cheaper than hiring someone for 30/acre to ccombine it.

no hail yet. hope u guys have good crops all around.

Went north of us again. I use the accuweather site. Pretty accurate radar.
This wind will dry everything out fast. :(
winter wheat looks awesome, now if the white combine stays away until we get it in the bin. :D
Malt barley is just starting to head out so the beer drinkers should be happy. ;-)

So did you get my e-mail about that calf you posted a pic of?

Hereford76":33tanw02 said:
I luv herfrds":33tanw02 said:
Hit the Missouri river crossed it and went splat. Hardly anything. I could see the lighting up your way and it looked nasty. Any hail?
Darrell is heading over east to finish one patch of grass and then has to switch headers to do the alfalfa.

Hope there was not too much damage. :( I don't think anybody around us has flood insurance either, no reason for it.

the wind is just starting to come up and i just saw the first lightning. man i could go on vacation for a few days if it rains again.

counted kernals on the oat field the other day and figures to make 70 bushel.... but i think i'll just hay it. cheaper than hiring someone for 30/acre to ccombine it.

What kind of hay does headed out oats make?

TB you have to watch the nitrates in it if you cut it too early.
We switched over to barley hay last year and even though some of it got hailed out it came back and we cut and baled it. Cows went nuts for it. It seemed to us to bale up better then oat hay. Always seemed like we lost more of the oat grain then the barley grain.
we always cut the oats when the "tips" are white.
Nitrates were always ar the back of our mind.

Cows loved it, but go more crazy over the barley. Not as much straw wasted. they seem to clean up the barley hay better.

WichitaLineMan":1sx77yb7 said:
Hereford76":1sx77yb7 said:
I luv herfrds":1sx77yb7 said:

What kind of hay does headed out oats make?

are u trying to set me up? i guess it makes grain hay. kidding aside i don't really know. i put it in with the intentions of combining it for oats to feed the bulls. i think i will have my uncle combine 80 acres and i'll hay the other 80 acres. i've never grown oats for hay but i can remember my old man did a few times and he'd never let me knock it down til it started to turn to avoid nitrates. i like developing bulls on hay and oats

I luv herfrds":28rr5khv said:
Went north of us again. I use the accuweather site. Pretty accurate radar.
This wind will dry everything out fast. :(
winter wheat looks awesome, now if the white combine stays away until we get it in the bin. :D
Malt barley is just starting to head out so the beer drinkers should be happy. ;-)

So did you get my e-mail about that calf you posted a pic of?

we got another 1/4 inch last night = crazy.

no email in my inbox

These storms have been weird. They will head right for us then split apart, get past us and reform and continue on. Or take a sudden change and go east or west. Got a little bit a couple nights ago. Barely measured in the rain guage.

will send you another e-mail.

Here you go Harley.
Found her out in the prairie dog town She just stood up. She does toe out though. Shows it the other pics I took

footings025.jpg

This little heifer is nice too.
footings041.jpg

footings045.jpg

Whitey again with her calf
footings040.jpg

Look of contentment
footings042.jpg

Toeing out that little doesn't concern me at all. Rambo's sire tended to sire a lot of pidgeon toes, just wanted to see if Rambo also did that, but of the few Rambo calves I've seen I haven't seen a pidgeon toed one yet.

Latest posts