Hey Diamonds!

Help Support CattleToday:

flaboy+

Reaction score
You heard anything about the new 6.4L from Navistar? I am hearing rumblings of twin turbo's on it.

I haven't heard much of anything about the new offering, but I never did have much for insider info on Ford stuff. Twins, huh? Its possible I spose, as stock power levels are getting up there, and its tough to build a large single that still maintains decent drivability while stopping people from melting the engines down. Heh, I'm not sure where the heck they'd stuff them under the hood though. As it was, the underhood area was pretty tight.

Edit: I'll talk to my sources at Edmunds and KBB though. Might get something.

Rod

Yeah, I don't know what the block might look like or the induction system so they may have room depending on some of these variables.

Nothing at all through Edmunds or KBB. My friend at Edmunds tells me that Navistar/Ford are being very closed mouth about it. He did say that he doubts the twin turbo stuff though. He feels they'd be far more likely to go to a liquid cooled turbo. On reflection, I'd tend to agree with him. VVT and VGT turbos haven't lived up to their hype, so I don't think they'd go that route. And ball bearing turbos aren't all that either, especially not when you get to the size thats going to be needed to keep 360 HP cool (it'll be at least this power rating I'm sure. Rumblings about the 6.3 Cummins holds it to 400 HP)

Rod[/list]

Yeah it could be something they let slip to throw us off. The twin turbo thing that is. Sneaky folks sometimes.

Latest posts