hey old guys. anyone have a guess what this amp/oil press gage came off of?

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard

Reaction score
I found it among my father's stuff years ago. There is wording on the back that says "Stewart Warner Made in USA" and the housing is brass or copper. There is a barely legible # as well. 436019, a space...and 3 more numbers I can't read.
Two narrow slots on the sides, which I assume was for illumination for a bulb inside a bigger instrument housing.

The cover is glass, not plastic and measures 3 1/4" diameter. Chromed on the front edge which would make me think it's from a car or truck.

It could have come from an automobile, farm equipment or heavy equipment, but I'd like to identify it if possible.

That was on a Chris Craft boat bout 70 years ago. Made just especially for them. I must be an old guy. :lol:

Used during the 1940's and 1950's it was made for ChrisCraft by the Stewart Warner Company.

jltrent":2heen49i said:
That was on a Chris Craft boat bout 70 years ago. Made just especially for them. I must be an old guy. :lol:

Used during the 1940's and 1950's it was made for ChrisCraft by the Stewart Warner Company.
Good info. All the vintage Cris Craft gauge sets I looked at were black not red but that does put it in the ballpark for sure.

jltrent":3t59vtgs said:

Impressive.

Another tidbit, aircraft gauges are standardized to fit in 3-1/4" holes and 2-1/8" holes. A lot of aircraft manufacturers used already available "off the shelf" parts back in that era. Times have changed, but the dimensions are the same.