Hey Texas guys,,

Help Support CattleToday:

saltbranch

Reaction score
STORY:
I hope this does not get deleted. I am helping out a 18 yr old young man and trying to get him on track for life. He has made several mistakes but we are moving forward. He has a child to help support but does not appear her parents will allow marriage for now. His parents are no help and he is living with us. I have him working full time at my work place and so far he is doing good. The kid bought a car and got screwed, it needs a tranny rebuild. He bought before he moved in with us. I am having him sell and cut the loss's on it. I am looking for a good running truck/car in the 3500.00 range. He prefers a truck but open to what is available. I am in Corpus but will travel for the right deal. If anyone has something please let me know.
Thank you

Wow, I think you mentioned that situation before but I forgot. What your doing is amazing and takes a special person. Will be praying for him and you, god bless you sir!

On the vehicle part of it a decent pickup could be found for that money around here, I'm guessing this is way to far though.

Kingfisher":o32pmbts said:
What else is wrong with the car/truck with the bad tranny? What year make and model?
2001 Honda Accord Value Package with the 4 cylinder and Auto tranny that slips. The car can from Virginia and had Michigan plates on it when he bought it. He gave 3200.00 for it a couple of months ago. Tranny shifts hard and needs an rebuild. He got screwed by the guy. I can have the tranny rebuilt for 1400.00, which puts him at 4800.00 for a car with a 2800.00 BB value.
Thoughts?

saltbranch":18g9r3ho said:
Kingfisher":18g9r3ho said:
What else is wrong with the car/truck with the bad tranny? What year make and model?
2001 Honda Accord Value Package with the 4 cylinder and Auto tranny that slips. The car can from Virginia and had Michigan plates on it when he bought it. He gave 3200.00 for it a couple of months ago. Tranny shifts hard and needs an rebuild. He got screwed by the guy. I can have the tranny rebuilt for 1400.00, which puts him at 4800.00 for a car with a 2800.00 BB value.
Thoughts?
Who diagnosed it? Does it shift hard into all gears? What about reverse?

No"real Mechanic" diagnosed it. It will rev to 4k or better before it shifts from 1st-2nd. We can feather it or hammer it, the same results. It use to do the same from 3rd to OD. I put some transgo tranny treatment in it and the higher gear got better. Reverse is fine. You have ideas on this?

saltbranch":o9gq6wb1 said:
No"real Mechanic" diagnosed it. It will rev to 4k or better before it shifts from 1st-2nd. We can feather it or hammer it, the same results. It use to do the same from 3rd to OD. I put some transgo tranny treatment in it and the higher gear got better. Reverse is fine. You have ideas on this?
I'd start by scanning it. You might be able to get this done at AZ but surely there is a Honda shop near Corpus. Next drop the pan. If it's not full of metal there is hope. Hondas are real particular about using Honda fluid. It has to do with the make up of the clutch discs. If some one put the wrong fluid in it that's a problem. Does the engine idle smooth?

idles smooth. I Have read about using the honda tranny fluid. I have also read about the 01 tranny failures. I plan to try the tranny flush and filter change. Why do you adk about the idle?

Lots of hondas in the junk yards..surely you could find a used tranny if it needs one. Drop the pan! Cut to the chase. If it's clean fill it with the right fluid and get a Honda tech to look at it. Cheaper to keep her!

Cuz if it's not running right it won't shift right. Also make sure the battery connections are good and clean and all the trans control fuses are good.

Kingfisher":2kziki1e said:
Cuz if it's not running right it won't shift right. Also make sure the battery connections are good and clean and all the trans control fuses are good.
Gotcha, no it runs smooth. tranny fluid is dirty. I will get fluid/filter changed and see what happens. I got a quote for 1400.00 to rebuild from local shop.

Latest posts