hey old guys. anyone have a guess what this amp/oil press gage came off of?

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard

Reaction score
I found it among my father's stuff years ago. There is wording on the back that says "Stewart Warner Made in USA" and the housing is brass or copper. There is a barely legible # as well. 436019, a space...and 3 more numbers I can't read.
Two narrow slots on the sides, which I assume was for illumination for a bulb inside a bigger instrument housing.

The cover is glass, not plastic and measures 3 1/4" diameter. Chromed on the front edge which would make me think it's from a car or truck.

It could have come from an automobile, farm equipment or heavy equipment, but I'd like to identify it if possible.

jltrent

CT Supporter
CT Supporter
Reaction score
That was on a Chris Craft boat bout 70 years ago. Made just especially for them. I must be an old guy. :lol:

Used during the 1940’s and 1950’s it was made for ChrisCraft by the Stewart Warner Company.

OP
OP
greybeard

greybeard

Reaction score
jltrent":2heen49i said:
That was on a Chris Craft boat bout 70 years ago. Made just especially for them. I must be an old guy. :lol:

Used during the 1940’s and 1950’s it was made for ChrisCraft by the Stewart Warner Company.
Good info. All the vintage Cris Craft gauge sets I looked at were black not red but that does put it in the ballpark for sure.

Bigfoot

Reaction score
jltrent":3t59vtgs said:

Impressive.

Ouachita

Reaction score
Another tidbit, aircraft gauges are standardized to fit in 3-1/4" holes and 2-1/8" holes. A lot of aircraft manufacturers used already available "off the shelf" parts back in that era. Times have changed, but the dimensions are the same.