Hey Bez!!

Help Support CattleToday:

There was a study down @ U of CO some years ago that was based on behaviour of cattle going through a couple of sales barns. According to the study the swirl location was indicative of disposition. While I was still doing the DHIA technician stuff I did my own study but based it on cows going through the milk parlors at 15 different dairys. Multiple observations of most of the cows. I found that if there is a correlation, after observing approx 1000 individual cows, I couldn't see it. The craziest cow, every time she came through the barn, had a swirl perfectly located between her eyes. In theory that's the docile location. The easiest going had two swirls, one almost on her nose and when just below the poll.
My study wasn;t near as scientific as the one from the university, but I wasn't trying to write a masters thesis from it either.
It's kind of like breeds. There are nut cases and sweeties in every breed, or with every swirl location.

dun

dun":2pjbenlr said:
There are nut cases and sweeties in every breed, or with every swirl location.

ill buy that . dun your gonna have to lighten up with all this logic and horse sense you know

yeah i did the same kind of study dun did after i read about that several years ago and i call BS on that theory too.

Checked out the girls today - swirls all in different places - and the animals I have with attitude - if the study was correct - should have been the calmer ones.

Theory and study do not work on this place.

Bez

Medic24":2d8j9vl9 said:
Great looking sterr...will trade half my herd for a good looking animal like that.

Thank you very much
Medic24":2d8j9vl9 said:
I can understand why you would risk life and limd for offspring like that. BUT a truck????hummmmm

Actually it was just the bed. And I had her calf in the bed tagging it. Hubby wanted a flat bed anyhow. This just hurried things along!!

Latest posts