hermaphradite calf????

Help Support CattleToday:

longhornlover3498

Reaction score
today when i went out to look at the cows and check for calves,snowflake had a black calf sleeping by her feet. snowflake is a LH/blk max/red angus cross. last year we line bred her her sires brother. when i reached under the calf i felt small udders my first thought was that it was a heifer,but when reached more towards that rear end that calf had nuts too! i got IT to stand up and my grandfather and i looked under it and we saw the teats...but we saw the nuts as well... :help: :help: :help:

All mammalian creatures have nipples both male and female. Some are more pronounced in males though.

I had a calf a few years ago that had is pizzle between his back legs where his testicles would normally been and he had a strange shaped anus. The scrotum was always little and just behind the pizzle and it never had testicles in it. It was weird to see him wee from between the back legs!
He developed a little bully but the butcher was happy to pay $900 for him come sale time.

longhornlover3498":c9lzgcru said:
calf was laying down. wouldn't get up right then. will they eventually disappear as hermes grows up?

No they won't, you dad still has his nipples, doesn't he?

KNERSIE":2jgkolbo said:
longhornlover3498":2jgkolbo said:
calf was laying down. wouldn't get up right then. will they eventually disappear as hermes grows up?

No they won't, you dad still has his nipples, doesn't he?
yes LMAO :lol: :lol: ! But what i mean is that will they appear less...um,visible? he is one that we were gonna keep intact for a good friend who was wanting to buy him. he is a linebred calf and has great black max genetics and a great birth weight. he also didnt have that "pumpkin" complex when he was born. not sure if he'll still want him if he has an udder though lol

The teats won't develop any further and it won't turn into an udder. His scrotum will grow a lot from about 7 months onwards and you won't even see the teats, but it will still always be there.

This is quite an entertaining thread. I take it you are quite new to this. Most bull calves will have some sort of teat on them. I know an old guy around here who wouldn't buy a bull unless he had four teats because he said it meant that his daughters would have four nice teats with no extras.

Have you ever heard of the expression " Useless as tits on a boar "

Latest posts