Hereford Eye Issue

Help Support CattleToday:

dustinsinger

Reaction score
I've got a question relating to one of my new hereford cows but this may not be strictly a hereford issue.

I have one cow in this lot whose eyes appear to be more oblong/egg shaped than the others. Rather than appearing round, her eyes tend to stick out more from the socket, appearing as if the shape of a top of an egg. There is no scarring evident to indicate some kind of pink eye related injury.

The white part of her eye also appears slightly more bloodshot than the others but again.....I don't see any evidence of pinkeye that I can tell, with the white fogging over the dark part of the eye or anything.

Any and all ideas welcome....I don't claim to be a vet or even terribly knowledgable of cattle illnesses, just trying to describe what I see to the best of my ability.

A picture is worth a thousand words, friend. Anyway you can show some of the smarties on here what you're seeing?

How long has she been like this ? I had a cow that had eyes like you are talking about took her to vet she had a temp vet said it was from pain due to a kidney infection gave her some shots for a couple days eyes went back to normal cow is fine . is this the way she always looks or a new look?

Latest posts