Hereford Bulls Turned Out

Help Support CattleToday:

mrvictordomino

Reaction score
A few pictures of the bulls turned out here about a week and a half ago.
All bulls bred and raised here. Some the same as last year and some
new faces as well.

475 7 year old

745 4 year old

967 2 year old

960 2 year old

965 2 year old

930 2 year old

nice set of bulls, look alike, sound feet and legs, clean sheathed (too many dick dragging bulls around) appreciate their type and muscle. I'd pick 745 and 960. Where in KY are you?

robert":2co1i4qp said:
nice set of bulls, look alike, sound feet and legs, clean sheathed (too many dick dragging bulls around) appreciate their type and muscle. I'd pick 745 and 960. Where in KY are you?
Thanks, I am located in the south central part of the state, just north of the Lake Cumberland area.
Theirs more where they came from. :nod: :nod:

The 745 bull is one of my favorites as well. His first crop of yearling bulls are the best sire
group in my opinion. He is from a real top cow family. Pictured is his dam and maternal grand dam.

JMS Victoria 001 306 Dam of 745 eight years old.

JMS Victoria 885 147 Maternal grand dam of 745 pictured at ten years old

That's a good clean cow , she sure didn't loose anything in 2 years .Excellent top and bottom , this sure show's were he get's the depth of body I like . Lots of room between the hooks and pins and carries her rump darn near to her hock . Nice udder size and at 10 excellent teets . Looks like a good one to flush for heifers. But hey that's just my opinion.

The original post had six of the eight bulls turned out pictured. Here are the other two. Taken today.

510 6 year old

713 4 year old

You've got a great looking herd of cattle. I would sure be proud of them. They look like they have a lot to offer purebred or crossbred herds.

713 would work in my fantasy hereford herd . A little cleaner in the neck than 510 and a little finer boned . 713 has better hocks and stifles than 510 . I do like 510's bottom line from the heart girth back , he gets a bit tight in the heart girth for my liking. Just my opinion . Trying to figure out why it's so green , haven't seen that in 2 months .

mlazyj":2y4pxmf9 said:
713 would work in my fantasy hereford herd . A little cleaner in the neck than 510 and a little finer boned . 713 has better hocks and stifles than 510 . I do like 510's bottom line from the heart girth back , he gets a bit tight in the heart girth for my liking. Just my opinion . Trying to figure out why it's so green , haven't seen that in 2 months .
Thanks for the comments, we have had one of the best November weather patterns that I can remember. Just a few frosts thus far but I think that is getting ready to change. The 510 bull is standing on an uphill grade, making him look stretched out and his rear legs are
set back a bit. I agree that the 713 is better in this area.
DM

mrvictordomino":c4x6l3wp said:
A few pictures of the bulls turned out here about a week and a half ago.
All bulls bred and raised here. Some the same as last year and some
new faces as well.

475 7 year old

745 4 year old

967 2 year old

960 2 year old

965 2 year old

930 2 year old

Thanks for the pics, are any of these bulls linebred? If so, to what extent? My eye perfers the more muscular 960 and 967 bulls, though the flatter looking young bulls 965 and 930 may sire the more efficient fertile females.

The 745 4 yr old appears to have fat deposits beside his tail head or do my eyes decieve me?

Thank you
Dylan Biggs