Hereford Bred Heifers

Help Support CattleToday:

Teasing the rest of us again with your fancy heifers that are not for sale, sheesh. :lol: :clap: :tiphat:

JWBrahman":3cd4gssu said:
Teasing the rest of us again with your fancy heifers that are not for sale, sheesh. :lol: :clap: :tiphat:

It's pretty unlikely to expect a guy to sell the factory that is producing the products that keep him in business. Buying a half or 3/4 brother to those heifers is a good way to bring the same genetics in.

alexfarms":28qpahbw said:
JWBrahman":28qpahbw said:

It's pretty unlikely to expect a guy to sell the factory that is producing the products that keep him in business. Buying a half or 3/4 brother to those heifers is a good way to bring the same genetics in.

That is my goal for the fall. The 967 sons are the perfect type for both F-1's and pure Brahman. The Victor Domino in Time's A Wastin' didn't hurt him at all, that is for sure. Health issue knocked me out for the summer so I sold most of my place as hay this year.

Never had to click on this thread to know I would be looking a great set of females that were well structured, appropriately sized, and VERY uniform as a group! Outstanding set of females!

RV, moisture has been good so far, but we do need some now to keep things moving forward. Hope you can make it back this fall.
JW, I consume most of the females we produce, always trying to keep the very best to ensure the bulls we are producing are out of the best of the herd. I will get some pictures of the other 967 sons being developed.
alexfarms, you are correct, the bulls being produced here have the ability to produce these kind of females. They have this type bred into them for many years. A bull will make much more influence than several heifers.

Excited to see more from 967, Bubba and I think it was 340 are beefcakes on four legs. I would probably charge people to see Bubba in person. :clap: :cry2: :clap:

We like the Brahman with horns for the cow herd. Lowest maintenance cattle for the swamp and nobody in their right mind would try to steal them. :lol:

ALACOWMAN":1ox4vxd1 said:
JWBrahman":1ox4vxd1 said:
nobody in their right mind would try to steal them. :lol:
Got that shot right ..

American Brahman are like American Ranch Wives. You treat them right and they are going to make you a happy man. An American Brahman would never run off with some stranger no matter how much sweet feed he has in his trailer. Now I like fancy Bos taurus cows as much as the next guy, but some of em got sinning on their mind if ya know what I mean. Hole in the fence during standing heat and your lil honky tonk angel is in the trailer of that sketchy guy who drives around 24/7 looking for something like that to happen.

Dylan Biggs":bcja358z said:
A very good looking set of heifers. :)

I hope the heifer with sore eye heals up. Is it a pink eye or cancer eye issue?
Thanks Dylan,
The heifer had pink eye and was treated. I have noticed that the pinkeye cases we are getting are always in the left eye
where we have the ID tag. I am thinking about dropping down a size on the tags to see if it will not be able to irritate the
eye when they flick their ears when aggregated with flies.

Latest posts