Hereford Beef - Simply the Best

Help Support CattleToday:

ga. prime":10pp5274 said:
novatech":10pp5274 said:
For the last 2 guys.
I sure hope you just forgot to put smiley faces on the end of your statements.
I didn't forget anything. The primary reason for fat people being fat is overeating and overdrinking and not working it off through excercise. Nothing funny there. So, let's hear your conspiracy theory.
Your first statement included everyone, had nothing to do with primary. I know of several people that have lived their lives being judged by others that seem to think they are nothing but over indulgent glutens. They actually diet to the point of being painful.
If any one should be accused of over eating it would be people like me. I eat all I want pretty much anything I want. You could put all the fat on me in a tea cup. I have lived most of my life with people commenting on me being skinny. So I can definitely sympathize with those who are judged by others for being fat.
"conspiracy theory" :???:
I don't set back and judge others for their physical condition. It may be caused by over eating. But then it may be a physical disorder. Or it could even be genetic. Who am I to say. That all you gotta do theory does not hold water.
Next time you set back enjoying your ga. prime steak try and remember there are a lot of people that cannot because they are trying to loose weight. That is what I do. I get to eat a well marbled steak and baked potato with all the trimmings while my wife gets a dry salad and a potato with nothing in it. Still she cannot loose a pound. I bet there are more than just a few women on the boards that can understand what I am talking about.
You can read all you want to on these boards about what makes a steak good. For that matter it is how we judge cattle. Marbling/fat content. Even your name is associated with it. Doesn't prime indicate a certain amount of fat? So aren't most of us guilty of trying to make people fat?

novatech":5ke8x1r3 said:
ga. prime":5ke8x1r3 said:
novatech":5ke8x1r3 said:
For the last 2 guys.
I didn't forget anything. The primary reason for fat people being fat is overeating and overdrinking and not working it off through excercise. Nothing funny there. So, let's hear your conspiracy theory.
Your first statement included everyone, had nothing to do with primary. I know of several people that have lived their lives being judged by others that seem to think they are nothing but over indulgent glutens. They actually diet to the point of being painful.
If any one should be accused of over eating it would be people like me. I eat all I want pretty much anything I want. You could put all the fat on me in a tea cup. I have lived most of my life with people commenting on me being skinny. So I can definitely sympathize with those who are judged by others for being fat.
I don't set back and judge others for their physical condition. It may be caused by over eating. But then it may be a physical disorder. Or it could even be genetic. Who am I to say. That all you gotta do theory does not hold water.
Next time you set back enjoying your ga. prime steak try and remember there are a lot of people that cannot because they are trying to loose weight. That is what I do. I get to eat a well marbled steak and baked potato with all the trimmings while my wife gets a dry salad and a potato with nothing in it. Still she cannot loose a pound. I bet there are more than just a few women on the boards that can understand what I am talking about.
You can read all you want to on these boards about what makes a steak good. For that matter it is how we judge cattle. Marbling/fat content. Even your name is associated with it. Doesn't prime indicate a certain amount of fat? So aren't most of us guilty of trying to make people fat?

I would say no. There is nothing wrong with fat, and in fact having animal fat (cholesterol) in your diet is necessary to staying healthy. The perception that eating fat will make you obese is simply not true. Carbohydrates actually contain more energy per unit weight than fats do. Dietary cholesterol has no correlation with blood cholesterol levels for most of the population.

I will agree that there are a certain amount of people who have been dealt a raw hand genetically. I know a few of those folks myself, we all do. But, most of the overweight members of society suffer from foot and fork disease. As a side note, most good physicians will agree that dieting is not the means to lowering your weight, balancing your caloric intake with your energy requirements by increasing your activity level is.

Sorry, I was mostly pointing at myself. :oops:

As for myself, I am fat. I wasn't when I worked outside all day, I am now that I work inside. I know that I would have to eat virtually nothing to get back to thin w/o exercise, as I am also fighting my genetics and a lot of cortisol. Like many others I have great intentions of increasing my exercise, but I don't. I know there are those that are simply unable to be thin, and my heart goes out to them because I know what it's like to be judged as a fat person.

I just think it is interesting and important that we as beef producers are seen around the world as a main source for our society's (USA) obesity problem. Are we? I think if we wan't to export more of our product we need to find or fund studies that disprove it (and if it is proven we need to change). If they have been done, we haven't spent much money advertising that fact. We need to stop discounting other country's opinions of our product (ignorant europeoans, I can't hear you, you are wrong, I plug my ears now and sing la la la) and either prove them right or wrong.

I would also like to see the studies that the europeans base their premise on.

novatech":1kvwec3x said:
ga. prime":1kvwec3x said:
novatech":1kvwec3x said:
For the last 2 guys.
My first statement implicitly meant "in general". I don't have time to write lawyeresque statements that cover every contingency or alternate possibility. I don't disagree with anything you say in the above post except the part where you say "aren't most of us guilty of trying to make people fat?"- there's your conspiracy angle. :D Personally, I don't think any of us are guilty of trying to make people fat.

My bad. I jumped to a conclusion I should not have. :oops: I do agree that the majority would fall into the category described.
Fortunately I have never had to think about dieting so I know nothing about it. I just know how some have gone through a lot trying to get rid of the extra pounds.

P.A.L":c8mv8nct said:
MO_cows":c8mv8nct said:
Also it's illegal in most parts of europe to "steer". We eat only bulls...
Huh? Why is it illegal?
Yep, Animal rights, you know.... Vet can do operation, but it will cost more than 100 $.....profitable....

In the UK we cannot cut pigs, but cattle,sheep and goats can be banded, the struggle against urban ignorance is an ongoing challenge!

NOT any more. CAB is coming here too. French kulinarists prefer old fatty beef cows. They pay 4€/kg from beef cow. From 400kg cwt bull you get only 3€/kg...beef Imports from brasil and uruguay has teached people to eat fattier beef. I think in ten years charolais, limousin and expecially simmental will lose popularity. Meat isnt tasty enough.

The French have been the biggest importers of "Scotch Beef" barley fed Aberdeen Angus very well marbled, and hung for 3 weeks, we supply both Hereford and Aberdeen Angus grass fed beef to top resteraunts, processed and hung in the estate abattoir guaranteeing a consistant quality.

My FIL raises full blood lakenvelder at the castle in Holland. We had many discussions about our ag industries when him and his friend were here this summer. They need a vet for everything ,even though my FIL is an experienced cattle man that goes back centuries in his family. I think you can still band a calf as long as it is one day old after that the vet has to do it. The way they finish their terminals is they stay on the dam for 9-10 months and are pulled off and slaughtered immediately, everything is grass raised. Beef is also very very expensive over there. I have ate in many fine restaurants in Europe and had everything from lamb, beef, pork and veal. If you pay for it, you usually get top quality.

That being said my inlaws can never get enough of beef when they are here and that is the first thing they rave about when getting back home .

hillsdown":27of27b2 said:
My FIL raises full blood lakenvelder at the castle in Holland. We had many discussions about our ag industries when him and his friend were here this summer. They need a vet for everything ,even though my FIL is an experienced cattle man that goes back centuries in his family. I think you can still band a calf as long as it is one day old after that the vet has to do it. The way they finish their terminals is they stay on the dam for 9-10 months and are pulled off and slaughtered immediately, everything is grass raised. Beef is also very very expensive over there. I have ate in many fine restaurants in Europe and had everything from lamb, beef, pork and veal. If you pay for it, you usually get top quality.

That being said my inlaws can never get enough of beef when they are here and that is the first thing they rave about when getting back home .

AT THE CASTLE? Geez HD do we need to start addressing you as PRINCESS HD from now on?

a castle in Holland is any structure over 10' above sea level :D

robert":34349419 said:
a castle in Holland is any structure over 10' above sea level :D
:clap: :lol2:

Hubby is from the highest point in Holland, it is actually above sea level they even have a "mountain" that people come from all over to climb it. It is as steep as some of our hills on our land .. :lol:

Your majesty will suffice 3wc. :p

My husbands family has been friends with this family for centuries, my fil manages the private estate as well as the herd as the onwer resides in England . Believe me I wish I had married into money, but we do get to stay in the guest house when we visit.. ;-)

Latest posts