Hereford AI bulls

Help Support CattleToday:

Till-Hill

Reaction score
Some red Simmental's, Red Angus/Shorthorn, and some clubby deals want to add the white face to next year.

I want a proven bull, has daughters milking. Perfect udders, best disposition, Homo polled, Some growth and not overly concerned with BW. Maternal calving ease would be good as wanting to make replacements..........

What do you got from recommendations?

I asked this question a while back and didn't get a lot of answers for a good polled bull.

I narrowed things down to juice box and revved up from ABS. My rep said all the calves he had seen out of revved up looked great and were structurally correct.

He also mentioned that the heifers out of revved up were doing great. I ordered some to breed my Herefords with this fall/winter.

Mohican Excede or Due North are both bull I like but have never used them.

I've seen a few polled bulls that I really like there calves but some aren't available through the AI sites. Of those that are 2 that are Homo polled and have daughters working are NJW 33T 100W Trust and UPS Sensation 2504. Have seen a lot more of the 167Y progeny. His daughters I've seen have real good udders, they are sound and I've been told very fertile. I have seen 167Y in person. He is a very balanced sound sire.
I have never seen 2504 in person. What I've heard of his progeny has all been positive. I like the bull in his pics. I hope to start seeing more of his progeny showing up in this area.

I hear lots of good things about 167Y but to me he looks pretty rough in his back end. Looks as if he has trouble walking.

Anyone else think he has some structure issues in his hip and rear leg area?

Stocker Steve":3ey983vk said:
Till-Hill":3ey983vk said:
Some red Simmental's, Red Angus/Shorthorn, and some clubby deals want to add the white face to next year.

Are you considering wf simis?
I cant find a rwf simmental bull that can meet my criteria, wish I could because it would save me alot of headaches for registering calves!

kentuckyguy":c49lzkie said:
I hear lots of good things about 167Y but to me he looks pretty rough in his back end. Looks as if he has trouble walking.

Anyone else think he has some structure issues in his hip and rear leg area?

Thought I had replied and guess I didn't. I saw 167Y in a pasture in the TX Panhandle out with cows around 3-4 years ago. The grass was tall but I'm a stickler on structural soundness and never saw any issues and I studied him quite a while. I have seen several of his daughters and a few sons in this area. The daughters have had real nice udders and teats and very maternal with good fertility. A moderate cow that is very attractive. I prefer the rugged range type of a bull and his sons are a little smoother than I like and I would prefer a touch more bone but very good functional type of cattle. Took a while for me to warm to them because of the Titan in his background. But currently have a few sons marked to watch in an upcoming sale. His progeny are some of the most uniform and consistent of any polled sire I've seen. And all I've seen have been very structurally sound. And that is something that seems rare anymore. Again it was 3-4 years ago that I saw him but he moved well in the pasture he was in. He might look different now. The oldest progeny I've seen would be around 3-4.

Son of Butch":3upgbuc3 said:
I don't see Due North at Select Sires as a maternal sire at all with mce -3.4 mcw 135 lbs
IF going with Select Sires EFB Tested sc top 15% mce 10.4 mcw 66 lbs = top 15% mature cow weight which is plenty big

https://selectsiresbeef.com/index.php/b ... ge?bid=376
My heifer is due with a EFB Tested calf in April. So we'll see what I think of him after that

I have used Victor 719T in the past and have sexed semen on him, would he fit the bill? I've only seen a handfull of them as wet cows.

Till-Hill":3vbec6yp said:
I have used Victor 719T in the past and have sexed semen on him, would he fit the bill? I've only seen a handfull of them as wet cows.

The write up on 167Y says he fixes 719T... I would be inclined to skip the Victor step unless you are crazed about BW.

Latest posts