Here is your sign................

Help Support CattleToday:

HOSS

Reaction score
How many on the boards have a sign for the farm? I didn't have one until last year. I finally put solar lights on it last week......I'm slow like that. Anyway if you have a sign post a pic of it. I like seeing the different styles, designs and ingenuity that went in to make it. If yours is unique that would be even better.

Mine is made from two pieces of sheet metal sandwiching a piece of marine plywood (painted white). I had a guy do the cut outs with a programmable plasma cutter. The other side is a mirror image.
IMG00510-20120115-1526.jpg

That's pretty sweet, HOSS. :clap:
All of my stuff is either small peices of farmground or back off the road so putting up a sign anywhere would be kind of pointless. I branded the wood rail on my flatbed on both sides of the truck and that's as close as I get to being proud of my stuff.

TennesseeTuxedo":jn55oimv said:
Nice sign Hoss.

I unloaded 190 bales of horse quality orchard grass hay yesterday from down in your neck of the woods.
Next time holler at me tux. I'll buy you a cup of coffee. I probably know tour customer if they were close.

cow pollinater":346zi7v8 said:
That's pretty sweet, HOSS. :clap:
All of my stuff is either small peices of farmground or back off the road so putting up a sign anywhere would be kind of pointless. I branded the wood rail on my flatbed on both sides of the truck and that's as close as I get to being proud of my stuff.

I'm surprised at how much attention the sign has gotten me. People stop and ask about buying calves or heifers. I'm going to leverage that when my registered business gets big enough.

We were the buyer's Hoss. I think the growers name was Jones. He delivered some nice hay up here to us in Williamson County. I volunteer at a therapeutic riding academy so I was asked to stay late on Saturday to unload the hay.

TennesseeTuxedo":maa5pm1j said:
We were the buyer's Hoss. I think the growers name was Jones. He delivered some nice hay up here to us in Williamson County. I volunteer at a therapeutic riding academy so I was asked to stay late on Saturday to unload the hay.
Buddy Jones maybe? He bales horse hay. Lives bout two miles from me.

TennesseeTuxedo":2m3296v9 said:
Is that academy off of 96?

It has a 16" step up with a deck over the axles. Then it drops down 16" on the other side. Some are open the between the tires with wheel wells. Then it has an aluminum deck that drops down so the cows are on an even surface.

HOSS":2q5kigu3 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":2q5kigu3 said:
OMG HOSS...we have finally located the "Tennessee Master Beef Producer" again. :hide: :lol2: :lol2:

TexasBred":2hgtcepe said:
HOSS":2hgtcepe said:
TennesseeTuxedo":2hgtcepe said:
OMG HOSS...we have finally located the "Tennessee Master Beef Producer" again. :hide: :lol2: :lol2:

yes. But you don't seem Maw turning anything lose. What's wrong with this pic? Was it taken by a cowboy from outerspace? (I forget that one exactly)

OMG HOSS...we have finally located the "Tennessee Master Beef Producer" again. :hide: :lol2: :lol2:[/quote]

yes. But you don't seem Maw turning anything lose. What's wrong with this pic? Was it taken by a cowboy from outerspace? (I forget that one exactly)[/quote]

The "real" TMBP aka TTCLM lives about 2 hours east of me. He had his 15 minutes of fame in the Tennessee Cattleman's Association magazine a few months ago. He was trumpeting the ever-perfect traits of Salers cattle. I can tell you from his picture that he ain't no 6' 4" 245 lbs. of black-belt muscle as he wanted folks to think on here.

HOSS":13v0ggey said:
How many on the boards have a sign for the farm? I didn't have one until last year. I finally put solar lights on it last week......I'm slow like that. Anyway if you have a sign post a pic of it. I like seeing the different styles, designs and ingenuity that went in to make it. If yours is unique that would be even better.

Mine is made from two pieces of sheet metal sandwiching a piece of marine plywood (painted white). I had a guy do the cut outs with a programmable plasma cutter. The other side is a mirror image.
IMG00510-20120115-1526.jpg
That's an eye-catcher, Hoss. Very nice.

Latest posts