Hematoma

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
Didn't witness the fight but looks like Johnson was the loser. Yowza! Sent the pics to my vet, prob won't get a response until tomorrow, but I don't suppose there's anything I can do for him other than aspirin (Banamine's out, he's out to pasture). Maybe a liniment?

Bannamine transdermal. This is the latest, greatest, tool for bulls that lost the fight.
The label claims it lasts twice as long as injectable. Just apply down their top line like pour on. It works great. The bulls don't get cranky from being poked.

SBMF 2015 said:
Bannamine transdermal. This is the latest, greatest, tool for bulls that lost the fight.
The label claims it lasts twice as long as injectable. Just apply down their top line like pour on. It works great. The bulls don't get cranky from being poked.

Excellent! Forgot about transdermal - and I've used it before.

Mobic for cattle is cheap, about 3 cents a pill. But takes about 150 pills mixed in the feed. But for $4.50 a pretty easy option. Lasts 5 days also.
I found this out after crushing aspirin into the feed every day.
Also needs to be from a DMV.

kenny thomas said:
Mobic for cattle is cheap, about 3 cents a pill. But takes about 150 pills mixed in the feed. But for $4.50 a pretty easy option. Lasts 5 days also.

Had to look it up. Meloxicam. I've seen it recommended and thanks for the tip. Poor guy does NOT feel good.

kenny thomas said:
Rechecked the price with my vet. .05 per pill. Still a very cheap avenue to treat him.

My vet didn't have enough in stock so he called in a RX at a local pharmacy (Dillon's grocery store, owned by Kroeger). He also printed out a Good RX coupon for a $200+ discount so the estimated total should be $18.80 for 378 pills (63 pills a day for 3 days, 63 pills every other day). And of course, they didn't have enough either so I'll have to pick up the rest tomorrow. BUT I'm laughing soooo hard! They couldn't find the RX under my name. Hmmmm? Oh, wait! Johnson is the "patient". :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway, he ate all the pills but one because he couldn't get his enormous, swollen head completely in the bowl, so I just crammed it in his mouth with a cube.

Talk about a racket. I despise DMV's who you have an established relationship with and have the gall refuse to write you an Rx.

76 Bar said:
Talk about a racket. I despise DMV's who you have an established relationship with and have the gall refuse to write you an Rx.

Oh, no, I love my vet! They just didn't have enough in stock. They were expecting a shipment later in the day but no guarantee. He gave me the option of calling it in to a pharmacy to get Johnson started right away and saving me another trip into town and I gladly accepted. Of course, the pharmacy either didn't know or disclose they also didn't have the full RX. I'm not worried about a few dollars more because I consider my bulls as investments. Plus, discovering Johnson suddenly acquired a middle and last name was hilarious - as was the look on the pharmacists face when he asked how I was planning on giving a bull 63 pills at a time. Worth it! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Having said that, if I was prescribed the exact same medication every day (like Kenny) and discovered it was twice as expensive, I would be livid.

MurraysMutts said:
Bo Lester...
Lol

Should've told him, his name was Richard Johnson.
Richard. Woody. Johnson.

Lmao! I can only imagine the look on the pharmys face. Lol

We used to have a MoLester. And Dick, Rod, Peter. Currently Johnson, Woody & Willy. They have ONE job - it's not entirely inappropriate or inaccurate.

Latest posts