Help understanding time

Help Support CattleToday:

From what I've gathered over the years, most experts believe recorded history is about 5000 years old.
Your right recorded history began the 4th Millennum BC. So since 1 Millennium = 1000 years. And the year now is 2021 AD human history started approximately 6000 years ago when humans started writing.

KAstocker I think you know more about understanding time than you are telling ? How did you know recorded time started around 5000 years ago ? College ?

Some have been known to use the Bible. The age of death of those before the flood is given. Noah and Shem (I think) were still around
in the time of Abraham. People lived longer then, maybe they stayed 6 foot apart.

Your right recorded history began the 4th Millennum BC. So since 1 Millennium = 1000 years. And the year now is 2021 AD human history started approximately 6000 years ago when humans started writing.

KAstocker I think you know more about understanding time than you are telling ? How did you know recorded time started around 5000 years ago ? College ?
I have just gathered that pretty much all groups - biblical, secular, and others - tend to say recorded history is around 5000 years old. Maybe I learned that while researching when I taught Genesis to some high school kids a few years ago. Not sure.

If you need help undeerstanding time. Just remember when Mickey's big hand is on the 12 and his little hand is on the 5........

You were alot of help Dave. You cleared alot of things up for me. Thank you very much.

Latest posts