Help skin scabs all over 3wk calf

Help Support CattleToday:

BobbyLummus1

Reaction score
Skin scabs all over the calf around 3 weeks old . The calve is a twin , seems to be nursing , looks lethargic but gets around fine . Any suggestions appreciated

Scurff type I'd say it will peel off easy , don't think insect or fly bites bc all the other calves and cattle are fine . The part that bothers me the most is the lethargic part ( I've got bad luck with those ) . I wasn't sure what to do so I gave it 6cc of nuflor subQ - will see it that helps

with any scabs or lesions on a calf, make sure that you control the flies around it. It doesn't take much for the flies to lay their eggs and that's when some real damage can occur.

Gotcha , may be the problem . I gave some vitamin ae ( i think is what vet called it ) today will see if that helps . The scabs don't concern me as much as the lethargic slow moving calves . Both twins look bad now . Maybe its my luck but so far 9/10 times if I can catch the calve to treat it dies regardless . If I can't run it down the issue usually takes care of itself

Latest posts