HELP!!!!!!!!!! Lots of deviled eggs.

Help Support CattleToday:

Lammie

Reaction score
I did it again. Someone called and asked if I could make some deviled eggs for a banquet on Friday. Sure, I said. No problem How many will be there?

Oh, 45.

Forty-five??? Deviled eggs for 45? And I have an appointment on Friday morning that may take a few hours.

My question: How far ahead can I make deviled eggs?? If I boil tonight and let the eggs cool, can I get away with peeling and stuffing tomorrow night? Will they keep for 24 hours, refrigerated, naturally. I have never done this in this quantity before, so any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Heck Lammie I thought boiled eggs kept indefinitely in the frig.....I know I've eaten some that were definitely not fresh. Those were probably the gasious ones. :lol: :lol:

TexasBred":z7mt6ai0 said:
Heck Lammie I thought boiled eggs kept indefinitely in the frig.....I know I've eaten some that were definitely not fresh. Those were probably the gasious ones. :lol: :lol:

Oh, so that's what you blame it on!!! :D

They will even be better for having been refrigerated 24 hours. It will be easier to handle them and they will hold their shape better.

bigbull338":3owr16hj said:
all this talk of deviled eggs is giving me a craving.

I will let you know if there are any leftovers. Of course, I think I am gonna have to dress my son up as a rodeo clown to distract Rotunda, the other, what shall we say, chunky, woman that works with me. If she touches those eggs before they make it to the buffet, I am gonna have to hit her with something. A large diet book, I think.

I am not gonna work my hiney off to see her inhale my efforts. :mad:

Lol, as you already have been told they will keep in the fridge. A year ago i learned that hard boiled eggs don't have to be put in the fridge - apparently they'll keep just sitting on the counter. (I wouldn't test this info. right now, i still have yet to have done it myself)

They will definitely keep overnight in the fridge...as far as hitting someone with a diet book...c'mon Lammie, give her a break. It's not like she she enjoys her size, whatever that may be. It's easy to sit back and wonder why someone can just stop eating...go on a diet. But there's a lot more to it than that.

I lost my mother because of her weight problem. She probably lost and gained a ton before she died at the age of 65, 3 years after her debilitating stroke that was ultimately brought on by weight, because it was the weight, diabetes, and depression that got her. When she died, she was half her size but by then it was too late. Yeah, I get a bit touchy about that kind of stuff...

Alice

Alice":7f277wzq said:
It's easy to sit back and wonder why someone can just stop eating...go on a diet. But there's a lot more to it than that.

Alice
That sentiment has been echoed over and over again on here by various people ~ wanting to lose weight and can't. It is one of the few remaining issues that is still socially acceptable to ridicule.
I am sorry about your mom.

angie":3vkuqhur said:
Alice":3vkuqhur said:
It's easy to sit back and wonder why someone can just stop eating...go on a diet. But there's a lot more to it than that.

Alice
That sentiment has been echoed over and over again on here by various people ~ wanting to lose weight and can't. It is one of the few remaining issues that is still socially acceptable to ridicule.
I am sorry about your mom.

Thank you, Angie... :heart:

Alice

Oh geez. I am sorry to have turned this into a rant about big people. It isn't all big people. It is that big person. And she's just a glutton. You have to be there. She just has to be the first little piggy at the trough. She's the one that was drinking the special kids' milk until I pointed out that just because it's there does not mean she can have it.

Lammie":3p7sh2qj said:
Oh geez. I am sorry to have turned this into a rant about big people. It isn't all big people. It is that big person. And she's just a glutton. You have to be there. She just has to be the first little piggy at the trough. She's the one that was drinking the special kids' milk until I pointed out that just because it's there does not mean she can have it.

Did you pointing it out make her stop jackin' the milk? I certainly hope so! That. of course, was wrong of her to do.

However, did you pointing it out make her decide that she could just decide to quit eating so much for herself? Takes a whole lot more than popping off about her milk consumption to do that...like medication and therapy.

I have an extremely overweight friend...known her since we were 3 years old...and we're 56. She was sexually molested as a child...and all of the hateful stuff slung at her makes no difference; she knows that being overweight to the extent she is is not good for her...that she's courting a heart attack...that she's courting diabetes. Yet, she's scared to death to be attractive.

And she stays on my butt about smoking! Why do I smoke? Cause I'm scared to death of being overweight, !@#$%%^&!

I'm done with this...

Alice

I've prepared them a day in advance,

boil them
cool and peel
cut and put yolk in seperate container
cover and refrigerate
then mix yolk and stuff egg..

will be fine. also you can stuff with pastry bag, or ziplock bag with corner cut. and my sister mixes with mixer to crush yolks all time savers. Good Luck, Donna

Okay, look. When I smoked, I could not do it at school. Not on a break, not on campus, not in my own vehicle. When I want a cold one, I can't pop the top at lunch. Not even if I leave campus and certainly not in the teacher lounge. And there are times... If I smoked dope, I sure could not do that at school.

Why, then, is it alright for my co-worker to overeat at school? In front of students who have eating and dietary issues, when she should be working, all day long? I am not her supervisor, or I would have dealt with it long ago. I am leaving a job I liked, that I was good at, that is very rewarding, largely because of her. It represents, to me, a lack of discipline and work ethic. She isn't even what I would term morbidly obese. She's just chunky. It isn't a thing about aesthetics, or whatever. She just seems to devote the bulk of her time to eating. When I worked with her, she spent 2/3 of her time seeking, preparing and consuming food. And our classroom had a kitchen, so that made it even easier.

What that is is theft, pure and simple. She's stealing time from her employer. She's stealing time from her students and she is stealing time away from herself and her children because if she keeps this up she surely will not have as long a life as she might.

Sorry folks. This started out as a deviled egg thing. If we can't smoke or drink or cross stitch at work, then I don't think anyone can overeat, either. It isn't a fat thing. It is a personal responsibility thing.

donnaIL":taks878b said:
I've prepared them a day in advance,

boil them
cool and peel
cut and put yolk in seperate container
cover and refrigerate
then mix yolk and stuff egg..

will be fine. also you can stuff with pastry bag, or ziplock bag with corner cut. and my sister mixes with mixer to crush yolks all time savers. Good Luck, Donna

Thanks, Donna. I seldom prepare food for that many. I guess my Baptist upbringing fails me at times! :D

Lammie":3fqv62iu said:
Sorry folks. This started out as a deviled egg thing. If we can't smoke or drink or cross stitch at work, then I don't think anyone can overeat, either. It isn't a fat thing. It is a personal responsibility thing.

Personal responsibility is no longer expected and is not PC. Besides, if she lays off the glutonous feeding frenzy, how is she ever going to get one of those free Rascals that runs off electricity and not gas. Sorry, I digress from what I wanted to ask. Does anyone have any tricks on shelling eggs? There has got to be an easier way than the way I do it. Most of the time spent making Dragon's Eggs is shelling time and its about the season to make some up.

The boiled eggs will keep for "several" days in the frig. The deviled eggs will be fine for a day or two in the frig too. Gives the vinegar time to settle in. :)

Fresh eggs don't peel well. Buy them like, a week in advance at least, of boiling them. If you have farm eggs then float them. If they sit up on one end, then that air cell is big enough. Boil them just till the water is a rolling boil, then remove then from the heat, pop on a lid that is tight fitting and let them sit for twenty minutes then put them in ice water for ten minutes. They will peel then, but if you then put them in the fridge for a while they will peel very easily. Don't use fresh eggs. That is the secret to getting them to peel.

I sent this to you in a PM, but thought I would share it. Steve taught me. He's not here to make them but he's the devil egg king.

What's a dragon egg?

Lammie....give dun a call...he posted a few weeks back what a half dozen boiled eggs, a cabbed tractor and a bumpy road could cause. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts