help is it scours

Help Support CattleToday:

onecowfarms

Reaction score
hello i got a jersey steer just over 3mo old he has very loose running and has alittle blood now he weighs 150 # and eats and drinks good and i started the with some hay last week very little though he had the scours at week old and we took care of them and they have been doing fine ,we just gave him some provance capsules besides getting to vet what could it be ? (and i have not wormed them yet ether ) what is the best to give them in this case and are they to young to give worming med?

thanks that sound like it could be the problem i get the vet out and have a look i thought i was keeping up pretty good one keeping thing clean and seprate might have to rethink it a little

Could be viral direa or jsut direa also, dont be shy about the hay, id give him free choice hay and go easy on the grain. to much grain gives them the runs also. Just some ideas.

onecowfarms":244b9ope said:
hello i got a jersey steer just over 3mo old he has very loose running and has alittle blood now he weighs 150 # and eats and drinks good and i started the with some hay last week very little though he had the scours at week old and we took care of them and they have been doing fine ,we just gave him some provance capsules besides getting to vet what could it be ? (and i have not wormed them yet ether ) what is the best to give them in this case and are they to young to give worming med?

Is it just me ? You seem to have an unusual amout of health issue questions in a very short time.
Are you completely inexperienced? Curious? You have ask about dead cattle, taking care of cattle in severe weather, foot problems, scours in a couple of days.

no just a few apply other just asking ! i thought this is a place to ask ? not get criticize for asking them just because i have only a few post ,i think i just sit back read instead of posting !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :welcome:

I am with Caustic on this one. We try not to critize but seriousely i can see where he is coming from. So don't take it to harshly it jsut seems strange to see so many health questions from one person in such a little amount of time. Also try searrching the threads from the past year also. :D

Latest posts