Help!! How would you do this?

Help Support CattleToday:

I'm trying to understand the meaning of organic and not being able to feed genetically modified feed, or anything with pesticides, bacteria and so forth. So are all your cattle full blood or are they x-breeds, which would mean they've been genetically modified would'nt it? And do you distill all their drinking water as all well water, to my understanding, has pesticides, bacteria, and who knows what in it? Or is there a certain %age you can feed an still be classified as organic?

Where would a person go to get the real (USDA) definition of those terms?

There isn't one ;) That's the problem. Organic farming is VERY opinion based, with many different ideas of what is really is. In 2005 or 2006 the IFOAM was asked to come up with a definition of Organic Agricuture, and from what I gather, they are still in the process and the final draft has to be out by 2008 (correct me if I'm wrong...)

http://ifoam.org/organic_facts/doa/pdf/ ... Report.pdf

My friend just did a presentation on organic agriculture today, and what was discovered was that there was no real set definition which was agreed upon by everyone... so I guess until there is a set definition and more regulation put in place, each individual case has to be looked at to see what their definition of "organic" is...

TCFC

No antibiotics means no antibiotics in the feed, or for some people no treatment using them. Rumensin and Bovatec are anti-coccidials. Coccidia are not bacteria, hence the reason why R and B would not be considered antibiotics. That is technically, most people lump them in with antibiotics when they talk natural. We raise our cattle with no antibiotics, no implants, no animal protein sources no rumensin.... But we do worm with ivermec and we do vaccinate.

Latest posts