Help ! ...Harry Ferguson tractor

Help Support CattleToday:

desertrat - 1

Reaction score
I need an old clunker to work my little hunk of dirt out here ( 4 acres) I found an old Harry Ferguson gas burner with a Gannon box scraper on the back . I believe its in the late 50's and runs good . Good tires and looks pretty good . He fired it up cold and no knocks or piston noise . I need to check it out better , see what model it is etc , but a few questions first .

Can you still get parts for them ? And do they have any inherent problems ( cracked blocks , heads , clutch problems ) I need to know about .

What are they worth ? $2500 bucks was mentioned , but I think I could get it cheaper . I dont expect a new machine for that kind of money but something usable that suits my needs

I am a mechanic , so minor issues dont bother me , but I dont want a major problem to deal with . Cars I know , used equipment / values I have no clue other than what I see in the ads .

Any advice ? Keep looking ?

Thanks , DR-1

most 8 and 9 n parts are interchangable with the t0 models,
they are a good little tractor dependable and easy to work on $2500 is reasonable for one that runs decent with no smoke in my area, gor a 25 in the spring that had just been totoally gone thru with new paint and tires for $3500, this is my 3rd one still all runing and usable.
(note) some of the t0s had a continental engine it it but parts are still available)

harry furgegson designed the 3 point hitch that is used on the 8's 9's 2's and ford tractors during that era, went into partnership with henry ford on what was known as the hand shake partnership and made them both a lot of money, the partnership was desolved when henry ford jr took control of the company and forced harry fergeson out, who then went on to start the furgenson tractor company known today as massy fergeson

my opinion?
go for it!!

Latest posts