Hello!

Help Support CattleToday:

Welcome to the boards, BH. The president of the Tennessee Black Herefords Association is a member of these boards, too. I forget his profile name on here, but maybe he will see your post and respond. and @coachg is right in what he said! Man, I used to posts threads about Black Herefords * ( and black Brafords) and it was like throwing fish food in a cat fish pond the way the "experts on here piled on! Might be why he don't post much anymore! :) Do you raise actual Black Hereford cattle, or are they Ang/Herf crosses? Black Baldies? I have a client that needs a registered homo black and polled Black Hereford bull in March. Gonna breed 20-30 pure bred Brahma cows to one.
Real Black Hereford

Real Black Hereford
Excellent! Do you sell bulls? Or semen? Couple of months ago a client wanted me to find him 100 open polled, white Brama cows and heifers. He is going to try to create a Char/Brahma/ Chianina stabilized composite. Took me days...2 to be exact,:) .....before I found 80 white, polled heifers, that will be calving from late Jan to first of March. These were all bred to Hereford bulls. I told him once he sees those calves, he might want to do it again! Well the other day when I was down there, I mentioned it again. I said when you see these calves let me know what you think. and if you want to wean them and keep them to sell as replacement heifers, you gonna LOVE what they bring. any how, last week he said " Warren, let's try 20 of them Hereford." I think he has been doing some research on f1 Brafords. I told him I'd find him a bull, but that he ought to get a Black Hereford, explained to him why, etc., and he said " Go for it". I had gotten him to him talk to a trader friend of mine in Florida that produces f1 Brafords. I had already told Wayne how great f1s sell, and how great a mother they are, etc. Charlie sent him pics and vids while they were talking, and Charlie told him how the red & white he got about $200 more than the tiger striped, and $250 more for the B & W than the red & white. Again, welcome!

Excellent! Do you sell bulls? Or semen? Couple of months ago a client wanted me to find him 100 open polled, white Brama cows and heifers. He is going to try to create a Char/Brahma/ Chianina stabilized composite. Took me days...2 to be exact,:) .....before I found 80 white, polled heifers, that will be calving from late Jan to first of March. These were all bred to Hereford bulls. I told him once he sees those calves, he might want to do it again! Well the other day when I was down there, I mentioned it again. I said when you see these calves let me know what you think. and if you want to wean them and keep them to sell as replacement heifers, you gonna LOVE what they bring. any how, last week he said " Warren, let's try 20 of them Hereford." I think he has been doing some research on f1 Brafords. I told him I'd find him a bull, but that he ought to get a Black Hereford, explained to him why, etc., and he said " Go for it". I had gotten him to him talk to a trader friend of mine in Florida that produces f1 Brafords. I had already told Wayne how great f1s sell, and how great a mother they are, etc. Charlie sent him pics and vids while they were talking, and Charlie told him how the red & white he got about $200 more than the tiger striped, and $250 more for the B & W than the red & white. Again, welcome!
No, I don't sell semen. Actually I AI my cows. The American Black Hereford Association has some really nice ones that you can contact to purchase semen. I got mine from Robert Walters in Kentucky from a bull named Iron Slinger. I'm well pleased.

No, I don't sell semen. Actually I AI my cows. The American Black Hereford Association has some really nice ones that you can contact to purchase semen. I got mine from Robert Walters in Kentucky from a bull named Iron Slinger. I'm well pleased.
Yep. Couple of years ago I had a client who had a good size reg Brangus operation down south and east of Dothan, who also had a commercial herd and a herd of Brahmas. He wanted to try some Black hereford on a her of his commercial Brangus to make some ultra black baldies. and he wanted to try black hereford on those Brahmas to create a f1Black Braford. He used AI. at his registered facility he had the means to collect, flush, and ET in. so he bought his BH bulls and collected them. The client I have now, doesn't have these facllities or the know-how to use the, So he wants to just buy a bull to use on those 20. Is Iron Slinger homo black and homo polled. I think I have seen that naame in researching Black Herefords.

Latest posts