Hello there

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi, I am a rangeland conservationist by trade. Studied grazing systems in college at Colorado State, worked in a cattle research a little and then for the USDA-NRCS in the great basin desert. I just started a job as a grazing manager for a large bison operation in Nebraska. I have a little bit of expertise on some things but I'm joining up to learn from you all, and discuss things with other people with a passion for large ungulate grazing!

Shema! Patriots! Who among us refers to the high plains or Ogallala Aquifer as the Great Basin Desert? How long has it been since any
of us have been to a 'large ungulate auction' in say North Platte, Valentine, Chadron or Broken Bow and hung out with the purveyors of
ungulation
just to check on the market conditions in the Great Basin Desert!? There is talk as I write this of the current administration
implementing a [30 x 30] program in the United States of taking 30% of agricultural land out of production by 2030! Gentlemen,
that is an area the size of Nebraska removed from agriculture for next 8 years at least! (Perhaps you would rather give up a Texas size
chunk every 3 years!) Buffalo (insert large ungulate grazing) would fit very nicely into the proposed 30 x 30 program. I would hazard
a guess , cattle ranching not so much and if allowed it would be by permit only.

I am also curious, what if any, the curriculum of/or the professors Colorado State plays in the thinking of Buffalo Bill,
A good indicator may be how quickly our left-wing contributors weigh in on this subject,

Kenny, You may not be the only one to misinterpret him. Spring water or no!
Stay tuned........LVR

welcome to the CT forum. many knowledgeable members on here so hope you get your answers to your questions and hope you reply to post and share your knowledge with us.

BBC> Your response is typical liberal. Your 'thesis paper' terminology insults even a minutia of intelligence and your first act when challenged
is to resort to name calling. I submit you did not learn that in a logic and debate setting at Colorado State and if you did all I have penned
thus far is justified. I seriously doubt you signed up to learn from 'you all' however; if you did, great. You will do better without the
condescension. If am wrong prove it by deed and record, otherwise all you have offered is what I expected.
You can do better. LVR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts