Hello from Deep East Texas

Help Support CattleToday:

Looks like calf #2 has made an appearance…can't tell much about it from here but it was probably born early this AM…I'll try to get a pic tomorrow…dang, it's still just January…maybe all the girls will domino a little early this year…that would be nice…from here, this one looks solid black like mom & dad

Last edited:
We'll, my neighbor put some black cows & a Hereford bull in an adjoining pasture, and as you might expect, they got into a bit of a tussle breaking a small portion of fence ( not bad - I patched it up in fairly short order). But our bull was in their pasture. We have an old gate on that fence and I got him home fairly easy. However, there might (operative word "might") be one of our cows still over there. Or she might be hiding in the woods with a new calf. Neighbor said he'll keep an eye out just in case. Cows - sigh.

We'll, my neighbor put some black cows & a Hereford bull in an adjoining pasture, and as you might expect, they got into a bit of a tussle breaking a small portion of fence ( not bad - I patched it up in fairly short order). But our bull was in their pasture. We have an old gate on that fence and I got him home fairly easy. However, there might (operative word "might") be one of our cows still over there. Or she might be hiding in the woods with a new calf. Neighbor said he'll keep an eye out just in case. Cows - sigh.
If you really want to sigh, just think about all of that trouble those cows keep us out of.

Getting a lot of rain this morning! Don't need it right now, was planning on picking up a bull today. Looks like that ain't happening…

Getting a lot of rain this morning! Don't need it right now, was planning on picking up a bull today. Looks like that ain't happening…
I went outside this morning to pee and smoke a cigarette while drinking coffee. I heard a rumble that sounded like a train car hookup. Then shortly later I looked at the radar. It was south of us.
If you're inline with that stationary front, you will get hammered with some rain.

I went outside this morning to pee and smoke a cigarette while drinking coffee. I heard a rumble that sounded like a train car hookup. Then shortly later I looked at the radar. It was south of us.
If you're inline with that stationary front, you will get hammered with some rain.
I think we are right inline with it. Steady rain since daylight.

Latest posts