Hello everybody

Help Support CattleToday:

Calhoun Farm

Reaction score
Hey guys!

Been about 18months since I've even thought about this board and something hit me to login today. A lot of fond memories spent here while I ran cattle and lived on my grand parents farm. Most of you know that story so I won't bring up the dreaded past. Fast forward to now and me my wife and son are still living in the house we bought from her sister on the same property has her parents. Everything is going good, my marriage is the best its ever been, I don't have near the stress I did living on the farm - never knowing what my dad was going to do and not having to deal with cattle/farm work in general while working a 40hr/week "normal" job. Right after I sold my cattle I got back into racing dirt-bikes. Before starting my cattle business I raced for over 20yrs but quit when I got into cattle. I saw the topic Denver started asking for prayers for me and my family and I want to thank him for that (as well as all of you for praying), I'm not to proud to say my wife and I were going thru a divorce is what happened. We stayed separated for about 8wks then reconciled and 2months later renewed our vows. All that was about 15months ago and we are better than we've ever been. I'd just like to thank you all for all the help and encouragement you all provided me when I was asking questions and posting information to help me. This site is full of good people no doubt about it. God bless you all!

I'll leave you guys with some pics of the me and the family.

Here's my son Reed, he's 3 and loves motorcycles

Christmas '15

This picture is about 2yrs old but we always laugh when we see it, when the photographer handed Reed the Jack Daniels bottle his eyes got wild and he started laughing. I had to keep pulling the bottle down while we were getting pictures made b/c he kept wanting to put it in his mouth.

Wonderful to hear some good news! I am thankful that God has blessed you and made life good for you and your family. Your son is precious! Yes, God is so good!

I"m glad to see you back, and that you're enjoying yourself more now.. I don't doubt you miss some parts of the old life, but I guess there's times when it's just too much grief, and I'm glad you changed things and in the end they've worked out!

Keep the shiny side up!

Latest posts