Heisman Trophy

Help Support CattleToday:

TexasBred

Reaction score
Another University of Texas Accomplishment :clap: :clap: ............. By allowing Robert Griffin to rip your defense to shreds and hang 48 points on you, he came from 4th place to win the Heisman Trophy handily. A great young man, a great athlete/scholar and very deserving of the trophy.

You really gotta quit praising UT so much. They are gonna think you really like them! :mrgreen:

UT don't get all the glory. Oklahoma made him look like Peyton Manning and Barry Sanders all rolled into one. :nod:

3waycross":3gl7y7qa said:
You really gotta quit praising UT so much. They are gonna think you really like them! :mrgreen:
:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: Well my Aggies gave him about 450 of his total yards but the Horns really put him over the top.

TexasBred":3mafmajj said:
Another University of Texas Accomplishment :clap: :clap: ............. By allowing Robert Griffin to rip your defense to shreds and hang 48 points on you, he came from 4th place to win the Heisman Trophy handily. A great young man, a great athlete/scholar and very deserving of the trophy.

Typical.

ElginRinger":mhpoa23w said:
TexasBred":mhpoa23w said:

Typical.

Yep.....truth too....seems the horns were still celebrating the victory of the Aggies and forgot about RGIII and the "little school" in Waco...if the horns had shut him down I'd have to agree they had a top ten defense. :shock:

TexasBred":124r04h5 said:
ElginRinger":124r04h5 said:
TexasBred":124r04h5 said:

Typical.

Yep.....truth too....seems the horns were still celebrating the victory of the Aggies and forgot about RGIII and the "little school" in Waco...if the horns had shut him down I'd have to agree they had a top ten defense. :shock:

Well, I dont recall seeing much "D" from DeReuter up in College Station this year. Of course he got smart and got the heck out of there before it all came falling down on him. Griffin deserved it, carved up pretty much everyone, UT included.

ElginRinger":1bf7scbn said:
Well, I dont recall seeing much "D" from DeReuter up in College Station this year. Of course he got smart and got the heck out of there before it all came falling down on him. Griffin deserved it, carved up pretty much everyone, UT included.

I'm glad you keep up with the Ags closely enough to know his name...I didn't have a clue what it was so looked it up and did see where he's now head coach at Fresno State. But We had a pretty good run defense. Couldn't stop anyone from passing tho as I said above, "We gave Griffin about 450 yards". Heck we couldn't even stop TU from passing but luckily we didn't have to. McCoy couldn't throw it into a #3 wash tub. Better recruit a good QB cause I can't see him or the other young man ever leading TU. Good kids just not enough arm strength. Too bad you guys didnt' want to play us anymore. Maybe Mack also got smart. :lol2: :lol2:

papavillars":24rim8p2 said:
Now lets see who left whining. Trey Williams, who has committed to ta&m looks like a nice every down back.

Dont think the boys in Austin are worried about Trey Williams . They signed another Number one Jonathan Gray.....SOME SERIOUS running is about to take place in the Big 12...the Aggies are getting out in the nick of time...a few more big guys up front and UT will be making a run at the national championship.

houstoncutter":1mn8gwsk said:
papavillars":1mn8gwsk said:
Now lets see who left whining. Trey Williams, who has committed to ta&m looks like a nice every down back.

Dont think the boys in Austin are worried about Trey Williams . They signed another Number one Jonathan Gray.....SOME SERIOUS running is about to take place in the Big 12...the Aggies are getting out in the nick of time...a few more big guys up front and UT will be making a run at the national championship.

Not to split hairs, but I will anyway, grey has not signed with the horns, he has given his verbal to them. Last year a kid out of Crenshaw (L.A.) was a long time verbal commit to USC, with about a week until letter of intent signing day he took a trip to Eugene to visit the Ducks. He was the number one recruit projected as an athlete by all major recruiting outfits. Long story short DeAnthony Thomas drop USC at the last minute for Oregon, verbals mean very little until it's in writing.

As a interesting side note, looks like the Ducks got a verbal from Kyle Long for the O line, he's Howie Longs son, he has only one year left. He started at Fl. St. went JC for two years.

Alan

houstoncutter":1gmxvlbb said:
papavillars":1gmxvlbb said:

Certainly they're not worried...they won't have to play against him. Did you watch him against Cibolo Steele? Great back. Not real big but fasttttttt. Rated #13 "player" in the country. The Grey kid from Aledo probably just made Malcome Brown a blocking back. :lol2: He looked great in their title game too. Big, fast, and quick. Saw where another kid is leaving OU and transferring to A&M next year. A 5 star running back and the QB from Houston has already signed. He may have to wait a while as the new QB coming up was also one of the top QB's in HS football and the Aggie line like the Longhorn line is very young. All underclassment so they'll have a good nucleus to work with. Now all they have to do is teach them that the game is 60 minutes long. :cry2:

Latest posts