If the Heisman trophy were to be awarded today

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard

Reaction score
Marcus Mariota would win--currently has 23 first place votes-7 2nd place votes-zero third place votes for a tally of 83 points.
Voting ends Dec 8. The formula is:
3 points for every 1st place vote---2 points for each 2nd place vote, and 3rd place votes are worth one point each.

As it stands today (with a LOT of voting yet to take place)

1. Marcus Mariota, Junior, QB, Oregon: 23-7-0 = 83

2. Melvin Gordon, Junior, RB, Wisconsin: 7-23-0= 67

3. Dak Prescott, Junior, QB, Mississippi State: 0-0-11 = 11

4. J.T. Barrett, Freshman, QB, Ohio State: 0-0-8 = 8

5. Amari Cooper, Junior, WR, Alabama: 0-0-6 = 6

6. Trevone Boykin, Junior, QB, TCU: 0-0-2 = 2

7. Tevin Coleman, Junior, RB, Indiana: 0-0-2 = 2

8. Jameis Winston, Sophomore, QB, Florida State = 0-0-1 = 1

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nc ... /19490245/

I wonder if the true ballot will have that much separation between two and three. Oregon has never had a heisman.

M5farm":29eb2fd8 said:
Alan":29eb2fd8 said:
I wonder if the true ballot will have that much separation between two and three. Oregon has never had a heisman.

or a National championship

True, with luck we may get both this year!

Alan":27w6v4p4 said:
M5farm":27w6v4p4 said:
Alan":27w6v4p4 said:

or a National championship

True, with luck we may get both this year!

its very possible. I do think this is the best chance ya'll have ever had. If FSU cant get it I will be pulling for the ducks.

Is it just me or is this one of the most boring Heisman races this year that we've seen in a long long time? Remember all the campaigning some of these schools would do at the beginning of the year for their "Heisman hopefull" (i.e. Purdue)

Possibly the new playoff format is to blame for taking a lot of attention away from the Heisman race? Which isn't necessarily a negative. I'm all for more focus on TEAM than I am on the individual.

Or it could be because for the first time in several years the front runner doesn't have a history of making headlines for his off field antics....... He did get a speeding ticket a couple of weeks ago! :shock:

Alan":2smm87n7 said:
Or it could be because for the first time in several years the front runner doesn't have a history of making headlines for his off field antics....... He did get a speeding ticket a couple of weeks ago! :shock:
The last several years, yes, but I'm more referring to the last 15-20 years. That Tebow guy sure was a menace off the field :lol2:

"True, with luck we may get both this year!" I was thinking the same thing Alan. If Oregon plays Ohio for the national championship I will be pulling for Oregon. Other wise I'm pulling for a team from the south.

torogmc81":3c7ynj32 said:
Alan":3c7ynj32 said:
The last several years, yes, but I'm more referring to the last 15-20 years. That Tebow guy sure was a menace off the field :lol2:

I always liked Tebow, until he went to the SEC network, now he's just anoth SEC homer! :hide: But a great kid morally.

highgrit":3aelzs22 said:
"True, with luck we may get both this year!" I was thinking the same thing Alan. If Oregon plays Ohio for the national championship I will be pulling for Oregon. Other wise I'm pulling for a team from the south.

:tiphat: can't blame you for that, ducks still need to get by a weak Oregon St team and then it looks like a very tough UCLA.

Also tn cattle man, I tried to say roll t..blahhhhh, role t........blahhhh. I just gag when I try it. :lol:

TexasBred":mov0dfxw said:
GB you don't think the QB from Baylor will get invited to the Heisman dance if they keep winning?
Maybe, and his #s are good enough but the fact that Baylor played a 2 QB offense for the first 3 games hurt his chances--Petty only played the 1st half of each of those games. Head coach Art Briles will get the credit for Baylor's success, as a a whole offense and defense program instead of it being a one player accomplishment.