Heifers came in today

Help Support CattleToday:

jedstivers

Reaction score
Well I'm back in the cattle. The new heifers [and one soon to be steer for the deep freeze] got here today and walked off the trailer and into the round pen with no trouble and calm as could be. I'll post pics. when/if I can figure it out.

Sounds like you are off to a good start. I like the ones that are calm. Its usually a good sign that they know the ropes and have been worked a few times.

Congrats and good luck to you. But you won't really be back in the cattle business until you have one crazy one in the bunch. You'll miss out on too much adventure if they all calmly do what they are supposed to. :)

skyline":dmm4tkay said:
But you won't really be back in the cattle business until you have one crazy one in the bunch.

I wasn't going to say this but what the ... Or until the drug wears off of them. A few years ago I bought the calmest brangus you ever did see. The next day, well, lets just say somebody must have left the gates of hades open. :lol2: :lol2:

Jogeephus":92r0vi6b said:
skyline":92r0vi6b said:
But you won't really be back in the cattle business until you have one crazy one in the bunch.

I wasn't going to say this but what the ... Or until the drug wears off of them. A few years ago I bought the calmest brangus you ever did see. The next day, well, lets just say somebody must have left the gates of hades open. :lol2: :lol2:

The third time I caught her, she went to the sale barn. The bright side of that picture is only losing $50. (no hospital bills and she didn't get a bullet put in her either)

The fun part was slamming her with that cut gate while she was trying to stomp a hole in me. Every time she tried to come over, I'd pull the gate to me and she'd land on top. Then she'd get the brunt of that gate in the head. She finally went in the chute and then trailer. The boys at the sale barn in the alley were given fair warning when I dropped her off.

I hope she is hamburger and hasn't killed someone. That gal was nuts.

Latest posts