heffers not suppose to be pregnant

Help Support CattleToday:

btrfly0202

Reaction score
I have a feedlot and have two heffers that are pregnant. I've been told to use lutalyse. Is there anything else i can use?

btrfly0202":zvvysjbd said:
I have a feedlot and have two heffers that are pregnant. I've been told to use lutalyse. Is there anything else i can use?

Lutalyse will do the job .

How far along are the heifers?

What do you mean "you have a feedlot?"

do you actually own a feedlot, and you really dont know what to do? If that's the case, you might be in the wrong business. Unless maybe you inherited it or something, in which case you certainly should have been around the feedlot enough to take care of most situations.

Thats a good posting Eric..anybody that owns a feedlot probaly knows what to do to abort heifers. Doesnt have to be lutalyse...can be anything similar...In Synch...prostamate...etc. Check the prices....some are cheaper. Good luck

Eric, I see you just joined this board. Welcome. Some of the comments are very helpful and some can be pretty curt.

Can you tell us about your feedlot? We sell our calves every Jan. in the stockyards. Of course from there they end up in feedlots. I have often wondered what type of life they have until they go to hamburger.

May I make a suggestion?

If these tw oare pregnant, why not take them to the sale, and get some dough re me out of them, if your sales are anything like ours, pregnant cattle are going for a premium right now. you may get enuff out of them to buy three replacements!

Plus I do really hate to see wasted life, so many of us do so much to try and keep our heifer's pregnant, it would be a shame to abort them, unless there is other reasons such as age or size. :cboy:

Latest posts