Covexin 8 and Cavalry 9 not available?

Help Support CattleToday:

Ky hills

Reaction score
Worked some calves, and went to the co op to pick up some Covexin 8 and they said they were out of both it and Cavalry 9 and didn't know when they could get it again.
I just looked online and both Jeffers and PBS had them listed as temporarily out of stock.
So we got just a regular 7 way Blackleg and a separate tetanus vaccine.
Not too long ago the tetanus vaccine was out of stock and then has been in short supply.
Wife suspects more people maybe weaning and holding their calves?

Worked some calves, and went to the co op to pick up some Covexin 8 and they said they were out of both it and Cavalry 9 and didn't know when they could get it again.
I just looked online and both Jeffers and PBS had them listed as temporarily out of stock.
So we got just a regular 7 way Blackleg and a separate tetanus vaccine.
Not too long ago the tetanus vaccine was out of stock and then has been in short supply.
Wife suspects more people maybe weaning and holding their calves?
There was a post about this some months back but I haven't been having any issue getting C8.

Have been able to buy it at the farm stores. Our feed stores have been out.

There was a post about this some months back but I haven't been having any issue getting C8.
That was mine. Try Farmers Business Network.

I order all vaccines thru my vet - they have drop/shipments and I get for very reasonable price. So far, have not run into any delay.
Even my vet couldn't get Cavalry 9 last May or Vira Shield 6+VL5 Somnus. They did have Covexin 8, but I switched because 2cc vs. 5cc and not as much injection site reaction.

Latest posts