Heavy Damage on the Farm Tonite

Help Support CattleToday:

Crowder, You gotta know that the picture I put in the photo gallery was there before all this happened. I am sure glad you and yours are OK. Sorry about the damage done to your place.

Crowder, I'm glad that you and your family and animals are okay. Sorry about any material damage. Important thing is, you folks are okay.

Katherine

Crowderfarms":1wjvc0gb said:
If I had any sense at all I would have sent one of My 'Girls" out there and used her as a wind break. Instead of listening to all of them break wind!That wind was so bad I was using all of them as air bags 'case the House blew away... :shock:

I did not want to make any jokes in your time of distress :) But was thinking if you would have had one of those girls sit on a leg of that bin it would have never blew away like that. :D

glad to hear you are all OK. sorry for your loss as was mentioned before material things can be replaced you can't. Take care thinking of you Chris.

Glad to hear you're OK, Crowder.

We had some bad ones last night, too. Three tornados touched down about 5 miles from us and another apparently went right over the village but never touched down. Was moving pretty fast so didn't last too long but wind was clocked at 75 mph for a few minutes. Can't even imagine what a hurricane would be like or what those folks on the coast go through from time to time.

Anyway, we had to hunker down in the crawlspace for about an hour and lost power for about 12 hours. Came out of it with about 20 feet of backyard fence down and about a half a square of siding ripped off the house so could have been a lot worse. Guy right next door lost a bunch of shingles but I didn't lose a one as far as I can tell. Weird.

Again, glad you and family are OK and sorry I hijacked your post.

Yep Same Storm Hit here as well Ripped the Roof off one are Neigbers Barns Destoryed a Hoop Building Ripped a 6x6 Post right in Half Threw Peaces of the Shed about 100 yards from the House and Where in the Ground so Deap u had to get a Tractor and loader to Take them out.

They Also Lost a little Calf Hut and Still cant Find it.

dun":1tc3rsql said:
Crowderfarms":1tc3rsql said:
dun":1tc3rsql said:
Pretty clever of Crowder to mess things up so he can get a bunch of free labor when the folks show up for the "get together"

dun
Dun, Thought we were gonna keep that hushed? :lol:

I just admire the cleverness (deviousness) of it, couldn;t keep the adminration to myself.

Was there anything around CLarksville, TN?

dun

Hopkinsville, Ky just north of Clarksville got hit pretty hard.

Here's a shot of the Barn. Found pieces of roof 1/2 mile away.Shredded some huge Cedars.
MVC-001S.jpg

Crowder,

Glad you & yours are OK.

As far as cleaning up the mess, just get those "dainty hefierettes" out there and the mess will be gone in no time.

Glad you are OK.

Nowland Farms":1jy1f90m said:
Crowder,

Glad you & yours are OK.

As far as cleaning up the mess, just get those "daint hefierettes" out there and the mess will be gone in no time.

Glad you are OK.

His biggest worries is how he is going to feed them girls though! I think that feed bin was were he stored their food. When you got girls like he does it takes a big Pantry. ;-)

Crowder, Glad everyone is OK. It hit pretty hard in Henderson, TN also, no personal damages though. I guess we'll just have to have an old fashioned "Barn Raising" about Memorial Day.

warpaint":93er8gh4 said:
That's ok, Crowder, I'll bring my tools along with me. As long as the beverages hold out, I'm game!! :lol:

Pat,

I'm a woodworker, and I'll work as long as Warpaint does.

Do you think the grain silo would have been o.k. if it were full? I was thinking that the weight would have held it down. But I guess with those heifers to support, it's hard to keep it full :lol:

cypressfarms":fjpnpqjq said:
warpaint":fjpnpqjq said:
That's ok, Crowder, I'll bring my tools along with me. As long as the beverages hold out, I'm game!! :lol:

Pat,

I'm a woodworker, and I'll work as long as Warpaint does.

Do you think the grain silo would have been o.k. if it were full? I was thinking that the weight would have held it down. But I guess with those heifers to support, it's hard to keep it full :lol:
Hard to say Cypress. I think it would have still happened.The 'Girls' have been eating mighty heavy lately, and had emptied the Bin.They been gettin' ready for a competition I got planned for the GitTogether.

I kind of figured that Crowder had just loaded that bin with some feed that was a little heavy on the molasses. That's what caused them girls to climb up on it and tip it over - sorta like ol' King King - hope nobody shot 'em down, they'd be awful hard to drag off. Or worse, if they was just injured, man might get killed tryin' to help 'em.

Glad ya'll made it through - we're all pullin' for ya'.

Bullbuyer":19ejp7ki said:
I kind of figured that Crowder had just loaded that bin with some feed that was a little heavy on the molasses. That's what caused them girls to climb up on it and tip it over - sorta like ol' King King - hope nobody shot 'em down, they'd be awful hard to drag off. Or worse, if they was just injured, man might get killed tryin' to help
Glad ya'll made it through - we're all pullin' for ya'.

After the moon pies I would guess.

Crowder for President

Just watched the news last night for first time since the storm, they showed a map of a few states that was hit. They said there was like 63 reported Tornado's that night across the Midwest. With TN being hit the worse.

Sounds like you got lucky just loosing the Feed Bin! Did not realize how bad it was till saw the report on it.

Glad to hear ya'll are ok. I've been through a hurricane (Fran)and it's extremely scary. 95 mph winds non stop for 13 hours. Started at 5pm and ended around 6am. Except for the 20 or so minutes when they eye passed over. I could hear 200 year old trees out in the yard creak, snap, then crash to the ground. Me, my Dad, and my brother were standing in the kitchen when one big old oak fell on it. Luckily it only made it into the attic. Then the water came streaming down the walls behind the cabinets, directly into the basement. Had it 2 feet deep in a couple of hours. (That was fun to clean up! :shock: ) Danged hubby slept through the whole thing! :roll:
It's amazing the power of the wind.
Again, glad to hear everyone made it through ok.

Latest posts