Heavy Damage on the Farm Tonite

Help Support CattleToday:

Crowderfarms

Reaction score
At least one 8 ton Feed Bin blown away, been rough here the last couple hours. Must have been a Tornado.Lightning and winds are incredible.Hope no stock is injured or killed. I'll try and post some pics tomorrow. Hope any of you in the path of this front stay safe.

Sorry to here that Pat, been all around us. So far been pretty peaceful. Bowling Green getting it right now bad they say. Hope everyone is safe.

Sorry to hear that Crowder. I'm glad Ya'll made it through OK. I hear 13 people were killed in that line of storms.We had two strong storms come through Cannon County yesterday and last night. Several trees blown down, quarter size hail, roofs blown off. As far as I know I made it Ok. Of course I haven't seen it in day light yet.

Hope all is well at your place Crowder. I got a CNN news flashing telling about the Tornado and the folks being killed. I wasn't exactly sure where you are located but thought of you first.

MVC-032S.jpg
Cattle are all fine, we have a bunch of metal roofing scattered in pastures, no idea where it came from. We fared a lot better than other folks. This bin was lifted up and ripped off it's slab, and thrown 30 feet. We had just emptied it yesterday afternoon.

Is that something that would be insured? When we got our insurance you had to add every little building or extra. Hope it is! Did you guys get Tornado's or Super High Winds?

aplusmnt":2heiiznh said:
Is that something that would be insured? When we got our insurance you had to add every little building or extra. Hope it is! Did you guys get Tornado's or Super High Winds?
Good question Aplus. It should be under our insurance... I hope. The wind blew for about 3 hours straight, I'd guess 70-80 MPH part of ther time.Before the danged sattelite went out, they showed a rotation almost right over us.Our house and barns are all on top of a big hill, we always seem to get beat up at least once every few years.

I wasn't worried bout you atall. Knowed you was too mean and ornery for an old tornado to hurt. JK :)

Seriously, glad ya'll are ok. Material's can be replaced, ya'll can't.

I hate when them things come late at night! When it is still daylight out, you can watch the skies and head to the Cellar when needed.

If I had any sense at all I would have sent one of My 'Girls" out there and used her as a wind break. Instead of listening to all of them break wind!That wind was so bad I was using all of them as air bags 'case the House blew away... :shock:

UPDATE: Got a barn down on the road, and 100 year old Cedar Trees, snapped like twigs. I'll post more pics tonite. The dial up here at works too dang slow.

Wow! That sounds like a Hurricane! Glad you are ok! :heart: Weather sure can be scary!

Pretty clever of Crowder to mess things up so he can get a bunch of free labor when the folks show up for the "get together"

dun

dun":1coketu5 said:
Pretty clever of Crowder to mess things up so he can get a bunch of free labor when the folks show up for the "get together"

dun
Dun, Thought we were gonna keep that hushed? :lol:

Crowderfarms":4xv4bb1x said:
dun":4xv4bb1x said:

dun
Dun, Thought we were gonna keep that hushed? :lol:

I just admire the cleverness (deviousness) of it, couldn;t keep the adminration to myself.

Was there anything around CLarksville, TN?

dun

Latest posts