He{{

Help Support CattleToday:

Son of Butch":2giv9xdr said:
Jogeephus":2giv9xdr said:
Wonder if the devil will give frequent flyer miles after Hillary becomes president next round.
I will wager that Hillary will not even win the nomination.
Right now it sounds crazy because she is the sky high front runner in polling of democrats.
But the support is only an inch deep.

Americans have never been so thoroughly tired of a candidate before a campaign has even started.
Her age and health concerns are big liabilities to being elected. Hillary 67, will be 69 before the election.
December of 2012 she fell and hit her head. She says she fainted and the head blow caused a concussion and blood clot.
Others speculate it was a mini-stroke. Either way, even minor brain damage is not a plus. The concussion or stroke resulted
in vision loss which was corrected by nearly doubling the prescription strength of her glasses.

President Obama is 53.
Joe Biden will turn 74 in 2016 neither Biden or Clinton will win if nominated. Americans don't want an old woman as president.
I don't know who it will be, but the nomination will go to someone under 68 years of age.
Odds are it will be a man between 48-64 yrs old.

I agree.

Son of Butch":1am495i1 said:
highgrit":1am495i1 said:
Could happen I guess, never thought hillary could lose the nomination to a black muslim.
President Obama is no more black than he is white and it is my guess that he is no more muslim than he is christian.

I totally agree!

No Muslim, not even a liberal Muslim would ever say he is for homosexuals.

3waycross":31av455u said:
inyati13":31av455u said:
3way, I always thought the Devil gets too much bad press.

What Devil Ron? If there's no God then how can there be a Devil. You don't get to believe in one and not the other my friend.

My grandmother lived with us when I was small. She scared me with images of the Devil when I was about 3 to 6. I remember doing some little deed and wondering if the Devil would take me in the night. I went through a few of restless nights until I decided the Devil was just an insturment grown-ups use to make their kids behave. :D

Obama is a man with no core principles or beliefs...
you can not believe anything he says because he will say anything to further his own ends.
how often has he contradicted his own statements to different audiences...
he is mostly a power hungry, egocentric, community organizer...

At least
I can understand an agnostic's line of thinking, that it is not possible to conclusively know the truth about the existence of God.
But atheists line thinking baffles me, amuses me, angers me and in the end saddens me.
"There is no God." How can you know with such certainty? I've never seen him. Have you looked? All over.
From one end of the county to the next and back again? Yup, Twice that and more.
And because you have never found God, that means He doesn't exist? Pretty much. Yup

Then they tell me what some tradition of man says the bible says, that they heard from some well meaning bible illiterate,
too often a minister, pastor or priest. When in fact the bible says no such thing.
In the case Ron sited, his biblically illiterate grandmother.
Then he twists her misunderstanding into his own misunderstanding. [That the devil comes and gets naughty children at night.]
And when it doesn't happen, see the bible is a lie, and therefore God doesn't exist.
When all it proves is how dumb people can be.

OR more often they tell me how science contradicts the bible. When in fact, if the bible is read with true understanding
there are no contradictions. The only contradictions are between what the traditions of man say the bible says and what
those ignorant of what science actually says.
In fact science and the bible actually support each other when both are studied with true understanding.

Let me give one example.
Up until 1949 the prevailing scientific thought was the Steady State Theory, that the universe had always existed.
It was in agreement with Aristotle's line of thinking that the universe did not have a beginning in time, that matter is eternal.
In 1964 the discovery and confirmation of cosmic microwave background radiation swung the entire scientific community
to overwhelmingly endorse the Big Bang Theory and that the universe had a beginning and it was 13.8 billion years ago.
Many christains went nuts saying NO the bible says it is no more than 6,000 years old. (That's not what the bible says at all)
Stephen Hawking was shocked by the response. He correctly reasoned that science had proven what the bible said is true.

IN THE BEGINNING GOD CREATED THE HEAVENS AND THE EARTH.
By definition creation means it had to have a beginning and science had just proven it true, it did have a beginning.
Science abandoned what every highly educated scientist 'had known' since 320 bc that the well reasoned, yet wrongly
held belief of the eternal universe explained in the Steady State Theory. Science had proven the Steady State theory wrong.
The Big Bang Theory gives insight as to how God did it and it aligns with what the bible actually says.
What biblically illiterate christians fail to understand is that there is a gap of 13.8 billion years between
the first sentence in the bible and the second sentence.
Science and the bible go well together.
Science can explain how God did something, but science does not explain why. God's word explains why.

Deepsouth":2ygi1i2q said:
Son of Butch":2ygi1i2q said:
highgrit":2ygi1i2q said:
Could happen I guess, never thought hillary could lose the nomination to a black muslim.
President Obama is no more black than he is white and it is my guess that he is no more muslim than he is christian.

I totally agree!

No Muslim, not even a liberal Muslim would ever say he is for homosexuals.
He might never say it but many are homo's in private.

Son of Butch,
I find your postulations to be sincere and I am sure well meaning. What I cannot find is any reasonable evidence of there being 13.8 billion years between the first sentence and the second sentence of a book written by who knows whom or when for that matter.

melking":23b2azsh said:
Son of Butch,
I find your postulations to be sincere and I am sure well meaning. What I cannot find is any reasonable evidence of there being 13.8 billion years between the first sentence and the second sentence of a book written by who knows whom or when for that matter.

If you will read the Bible with the thought in mind that the Bible is written by Jews and is the history of the Jewish people then I think you will find the understanding you are looking for.

Thanks Jo, I have read the bible and in fact spent 2 years in a Christian college studying it to some degree. Not discounting the fact that it is a loose compendium of Jewish history, Just pretty sure it has little to do with real life. It makes a great storybook.

melking":3pvoej95 said:
Son of Butch,

Melking,
Thank you for your consideration. That is an excellent point or question. It's a sign of an active mind open to learning.
Reasonable evidence is exactly what a sincere student should be seeking. I can not only back up my statement of over 13 billion years with further reasonable evidence from both science and the bible, I have learned so much more. I was fortunate enough as an adult to have both a very gifted teacher [who has since passed on] and the desire and time to study. I may not be the quickest student. It took me over 3 years, 5 days a week at a hour a day to understand and I am still continuing to learn by building on the foundation he helped me to lay by teaching me how study and reason for myself.

melking":2khi85um said:
Thanks Jo, I have read the bible and in fact spent 2 years in a Christian college studying it to some degree. Not discounting the fact that it is a loose compendium of Jewish history, Just pretty sure it has little to do with real life. It makes a great storybook.

Melking, before you completely make up your mind, consider the following.

Son of Butch":2khi85um said:
Jogeephus":2khi85um said:
Wonder if the devil will give frequent flyer miles after Hillary becomes president next round.
I will wager that Hillary will not even win the nomination.
Right now it sounds crazy because she is the sky high front runner in polling of democrats.
But the support is only an inch deep.

Americans have never been so thoroughly tired of a candidate before a campaign has even started.
Her age and health concerns are big liabilities to being elected. Hillary 67, will be 69 before the election.
December of 2012 she fell and hit her head. She says she fainted and the head blow caused a concussion and blood clot.
Others speculate it was a mini-stroke. Either way, even minor brain damage is not a plus. The concussion or stroke resulted
in vision loss which was corrected by nearly doubling the prescription strength of her glasses.

And then think about the prediction that was made thousands of years ago.

Revelations 13:3

3 One of the heads of the beast seemed to have had a fatal wound, but the fatal wound had been healed. The whole world was filled with wonder and followed the beast.

:cowboy: :lol2:

Commercialfarmer":x2dmd4ot said:
Melking, before you completely make up your mind, consider the following.

Son of Butch":x2dmd4ot said:

And then think about the prediction that was made thousands of years ago.

Revelations 13:3

3 One of the heads of the beast seemed to have had a fatal wound, but the fatal wound had been healed. The whole world was filled with wonder and followed the beast.

:cowboy: :lol2:
O.K. I gotta admit that's funny. :) :lol: :lol2:

3waycross":1uyed3n4 said:
melking":1uyed3n4 said:
So, is it better to be an atheist or a satan worshipper?

If you are an Atheist and move in next door to me I will ignore you. If you are a Satanist and move in next door to me I will burn your house down and douse the ashes with Holy Water :mrgreen:

....of course I am just kidding.

Vic I believe every word of it, except the "just kidding" part :lol2: .

Larry

Son of Butch":14jgy3r0 said:
At least
I can understand an agnostic's line of thinking, that it is not possible to conclusively know the truth about the existence of God.
But atheists line thinking baffles me, amuses me, angers me and in the end saddens me.
"There is no God." How can you know with such certainty? I've never seen him. Have you looked? All over.
From one end of the county to the next and back again? Yup, Twice that and more.
And because you have never found God, that means He doesn't exist? Pretty much. Yup

Then they tell me what some tradition of man says the bible says, that they heard from some well meaning bible illiterate,
too often a minister, pastor or priest. When in fact the bible says no such thing.
In the case Ron sited, his biblically illiterate grandmother.
Then he twists her misunderstanding into his own misunderstanding. [That the devil comes and gets naughty children at night.]
And when it doesn't happen, see the bible is a lie, and therefore God doesn't exist.
When all it proves is how dumb people can be.

OR more often they tell me how science contradicts the bible. When in fact, if the bible is read with true understanding
there are no contradictions. The only contradictions are between what the traditions of man say the bible says and what
those ignorant of what science actually says.
In fact science and the bible actually support each other when both are studied with true understanding.

Let me give one example.
Up until 1949 the prevailing scientific thought was the Steady State Theory, that the universe had always existed.
It was in agreement with Aristotle's line of thinking that the universe did not have a beginning in time, that matter is eternal.
In 1964 the discovery and confirmation of cosmic microwave background radiation swung the entire scientific community
to overwhelmingly endorse the Big Bang Theory and that the universe had a beginning and it was 13.8 billion years ago.
Many christains went nuts saying NO the bible says it is no more than 6,000 years old. (That's not what the bible says at all)
Stephen Hawking was shocked by the response. He correctly reasoned that science had proven what the bible said is true.

IN THE BEGINNING GOD CREATED THE HEAVENS AND THE EARTH.
By definition creation means it had to have a beginning and science had just proven it true, it did have a beginning.
Science abandoned what every highly educated scientist 'had known' since 320 bc that the well reasoned, yet wrongly
held belief of the eternal universe explained in the Steady State Theory. Science had proven the Steady State theory wrong.
The Big Bang Theory gives insight as to how God did it and it aligns with what the bible actually says.
What biblically illiterate christians fail to understand is that there is a gap of 13.8 billion years between
the first sentence in the bible and the second sentence.

Science and the bible go well together.
Science can explain how God did something, but science does not explain why. God's word explains why.

Speaking strictly as an illiterate christian, whenever the Hebrew word yom appears in the bible with a number it always in every case refers to a 24hr day. So, I would like to know how you come up with 13.8 billion years.

Larry

Son of Butch":3qgyo4mb said:
Larry,
Where in the world do you come up with the word yorn anywhere in the first three sentences?

Yom is the Hebrew word for a day. In Genesis it says the morning and the evening was the first day or Yom. In other words it is saying there was a literal 6 day creation.

I have heard of the gap theory before but I have never heard a specific amount of time put to it as you did. I would be interested in hearing where and how you get so specific of a time. Not arguing with you here, just curious.

Deepsouth":1if2asz1 said:
Son of Butch":1if2asz1 said:
Larry,
Where in the world do you come up with the word yorn anywhere in the first three sentences?

Yom is the Hebrew word for a day. In Genesis it says the morning and the evening was the first day or Yom. In other words it is saying there was a literal 6 day creation.

I have heard of the gap theory before but I have never heard a specific amount of time put to it as you did. I would be interested in hearing where and how you get so specific of a time. Not arguing with you here, just curious.
Hi Deepsouth,
I understood what Larry was saying and doing. Rather than highlighting the point in question and saying please document
as someone who is actually interested in hearing. He highlighted it in red and started talking about another topic.
That is why I mocked him by asking him to document how what he was saying had anything to do with the first 2 sentences
of the bible and I gave him leeway by magnanimously including the 3rd sentence, knowing yorn doesn't appear until after verse 4.
Larry is not interested in hearing, or more correctly I should say he is more interested in hearing himself talk.
I just don't have the patience that it takes to be a good teacher. Deepsouth, I'll answer your question by p.m..

Latest posts